First lucid dream (I think).

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
joshcampbell99

First lucid dream (I think).

Postby joshcampbell99 » 21 Feb 2017 05:26

So I dream every night, I remember pretty much all my dreams unless I'm in a rush and have other things on my mind in the morning.
But last night I had a dream that I really remembered.

I remember being stood in a open room and I can't remember exactly what happend but instantly the thought came in my head of "I am dreaming".
The first thing I did was look at my hands, since I'm always reading you should count your fingers but my hands were just a blur, literally like someone had blurred it out in black and both hands were like this. I then looked at the time and in a second of glimpsing it shot forward like an hour. I was immediately excited and scared at the same time but didn't want to act to crazy since I remember you can get to much adrenaline and wake yourself up. But thats the last thing I can remember.

The weird thing is when I woke up it didn't feel like I lucid dreamt, more like I dreamt about lucid dreaming which just sounds crazy.
This is my first post as I've been trying to lucid dreams for weeks, even months now and been going through a lot of techniques. Just hoping that this was a lucid dream and that I can carry on with more control.

Thanks
-Josh

Sean Jacobs

Re: First lucid dream (I think).

Postby Sean Jacobs » 21 Feb 2017 14:59

joshcampbell99 wrote:So I dream every night, I remember pretty much all my dreams unless I'm in a rush and have other things on my mind in the morning.
But last night I had a dream that I really remembered.
I remember being stood in a open room and I can't remember exactly what happend but instantly the thought came in my head of "I am dreaming".
The first thing I did was look at my hands, since I'm always reading you should count your fingers but my hands were just a blur, literally like someone had blurred it out in black and both hands were like this. I then looked at the time and in a second of glimpsing it shot forward like an hour. I was immediately excited and scared at the same time but didn't want to act to crazy since I remember you can get to much adrenaline and wake yourself up. But thats the last thing I can remember.
The weird thing is when I woke up it didn't feel like I lucid dreamt, more like I dreamt about lucid dreaming which just sounds crazy.
This is my first post as I've been trying to lucid dreams for weeks, even months now and been going through a lot of techniques. Just hoping that this was a lucid dream and that I can carry on with more control.
Thanks
-Josh

Hi Josh. Congrats! It definitely sounds like you achieved lucidity in that dream. Do realized you were dreaming, than you did a successful reality check, then you tried to stay calm. That is fantastic. But you must have lost lucidity at some point, which does happen. Sometimes your dream will shift and suddenly you are someplace else (like having a false awakening where you think you wake up in your own bed, but are actually still dreaming) and assume you are back in the real world and lose lucidity. But, achieving lucidity is awesome. I will just get better from here.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”