Cider fueled lucid dream!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Sunflowerbader

Cider fueled lucid dream!

Postby Sunflowerbader » 26 Feb 2017 14:40

Hi, all.

It's been a while since I posted. I kind of fell out of LD practice in the new year, but I have been keeping my journal again for about a week (since having a massive dip in dream recall)nand I was rewarded with an LD last night. This was a bit of a surprise as I had a late night and lots of alcohol.

I was walking along looking down at the ground and the thought crossed my mind that I might be dreaming, but I didn't think I was, it was just a spontaneous test i.e. it wasn't triggered by a dream sign that I knew of. The world looked so vividly real that I almost shrugged off the thought until I really looked at how bizzare things were; particularly strange layers of patterns reflected in the puddles I was walking through. My dream landscape was also unusually sunny and colourful.

So I said to myself "I am dreaming!" and, whoosh, I'm lucid! I did a vigourous bit of demanding clarity and stability which worked pretty well, and then thought, I want to fly now. At first I jumped into the air and kind of floated back to the ground, then I saw a dark stormy cloud over a dark tower in the distance and tried to focus on intending myself there but instead I shot up i the air vertically and slightly backwards! And there I remained, gazing at the tower and the sunnier landscape around it.

The next thing I know l can hear my daughter calling for me, "Daddy! Daddy!" and I think I am hearing her in waking life and that I need to wake up and see if she is alright. I feel a bit conflicted over staying in the dream (only my second really lucid dream after months of trying) or waking up for my daughter. Parenthood overrides flying in this case and as I think about waking up I realise I will start to fall (no idea why), and my stomach lurches as I plummet to the ground: it's kind of exciting.

Then I get into some sort of false awakening because I didn't wake up in bed straight away. Then I wake up in bed to a silent house with no crying daughter! Aaaaarrrrgh! Bummer, but still a very happy result. Strangley I have had several dreams recently where I have been called to by my daughter and believed that I needed to wake up for her only to find it was all in my dream. Maybe it's a good dream sign, but not so good if I get it wrong!

Anyway, I am really happy to have had another LD and feel reassured by the whole experience. Hopefully this made a half interesting read too.

:D

Sean Jacobs

Re: Cider fueled lucid dream!

Postby Sean Jacobs » 27 Feb 2017 14:16

Congrats Sunflowerbader!! That was a great lucid dream! I wonder if you have a subconscious expectation that your daughter may wake you up, so then you hear her calling out to you in your dreams.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”