Hypnopompia And Sexual Thoughts

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
rosequartz

Hypnopompia And Sexual Thoughts

Postby rosequartz » 03 Mar 2017 14:10

Sometimes, when I'm waking up, I'll get, like, sexual thoughts about stuff I don't like, and they'll feel "nice", but then I'll start to feel anxious, because the idea of the thoughts bothers me.

Trouble is, it's like I'm semi-awake when it happens, like in a weird in-between state. So, I feel like I'm aware, and I feel bad for thinking this way while I'm at least semi-conscious.

I researched it, and I think it's hypnopompic hallucinations, but I'm unsure.

Can anybody relate?

Petal

Re: Hypnopompia And Sexual Thoughts

Postby Petal » 03 Mar 2017 14:46

Yes, I can certainly relate. Although, I've never heard of hypnopompic hallucinations, it certainly seems like something I would like to look into. I do use dreams to explore my sexuality and sexuality. Sometimes, I have unpleasant experiences, sometimes they are real nice :) I've read a few bits and pieces about meditation and martial arts in the hope of finding ways to regulate and calm such experience so that they don't disturb my sleep so much. I have wondered also if I could use them somehow to improve general female hormonal mood health and the like. Maybe even improve sexy physical reactions and responses in my relationship with my man friend. I haven't got very far. I get embarrassed and discouraged because I'm from a very polite English family that generally like to pretend such dream things don't really happen, or a least they think they shouldn't. If I start reading sexy stuff, I feel sort of deviant, even when my rational mind tells me it all perfectly healthy. :roll:
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 04 Mar 2017 03:20

I think that it is natural for dreamers to sometimes have sexual dream experiences which are outside of the individual's waking life norms of behavior.

Here are 2 interesting articles, which include discussions about sexual dreams.

- "Dreams of Sex and the Sex of Dreams" - The Jung Page - cgjungpage.org - by August Cwik
Includes descriptions of differences between Freud's and Jung's theories of libido - sexual energy.
Also, while many dreams deal with the instinctual level of sexuality, some sexual dreams may symbolically express an archetypal union of opposites - "some type of psychic completion in the individual."

- Website - Beverly D'Urso - durso.org
Click on article - "My Lucid Life"
Beverly discusses many of her lucid dreams, including her participation in experiments in Stephen LaBerg's Stanford Sleep Lab. She also describes a very wide variety of sexual situations in her dreams.

This is my favorite book about lucid dreaming - "Lucid Dreams: Gateway To The Inner Self" - by Robert Waggoner
Includes some discussions about sexual dreams.

Petal

Postby Petal » 09 Mar 2017 10:41

jasmine2 wrote:This is my favorite book about lucid dreaming - "Lucid Dreams: Gateway To The Inner Self" - by Robert Waggoner
Includes some discussions about sexual dreams.

I manage to find this in an audible version. It is very good and I can listen to it doing other stuff. Particularly struck by the odservation that people who become lucid often forget to stay aware just as people in waking concousness and can get get swept back into just dreaming. That has definitely been my everperience. I guess I'm going to have to get make to practicing meditation. Thank you Jasmine.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”