My first (and only) lucid dream I had about a year ago

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
marley4

My first (and only) lucid dream I had about a year ago

Postby marley4 » 04 Mar 2017 07:29

I had this dream about a year ago. I thought it was so weird at the time and had no idea what it was. Now that I know what lucid dreams are I'm fascinated by them and have been trying for the last week to have another one. I remember falling asleep and "waking up" (pretty sure I didn't really get out of my bed). I start walking around and something just feels... off. I turn the lights on and realize I'm in my childhood bedroom! Sky blue walls with clouds, toys littering the ground, even little girl clothes in my closet! The crazy part is when I talked to my mom the next morning my description was scary accurate, from specific toys and outfits I didn't remember until I had that dream! But anyways, my first thought was, "Did mom go crazy over me leaving for college soon and deny I was a grown up or something?" and then I thought... "Wait... is this a dream?" I start walking around, and feelings my skin, and it felt so REAL. Exactly like I was awake and like this was real life. I was conflicted because neither idea made sense. How could my mom find all of this stuff and redo everything over night without waking me up? That was out of the question. I decided I was dreaming, but I was still shocked over how realistic it was and how self-aware I could be while sleeping. I walk down stairs and see my mom watching TV on the couch, and announce to her that I'm dreaming. She doesn't notice I exisr. It was kind of creepy looking back, but for some reason I wasn't phased at the time. I then go back up to my room, and I'm a little hazy at the details, but I think I "fell asleep" and "woke up" at some point, after a bit of just walking around amazed at how functional my senses were, just testing them all out. I woke up and decided that I wanted to take control and just do some crazy stuff I wouldn't be able to do in reality. I wanted to fly! I closed my eyes and tried as hard as I could to lift myself off the group, but before I could really give it a go, I was distracted by an airplane about to crash through my window. I remember thinking too myself, "No need to panic, this is only a dream. It can't really hurt me". But the second it crashed and I could hear the screams of terror from the passengers... I freaked out and forgot I was sleeping. It stopped becoming lucid after that and I can't recall anything else. I was so confused and intrigued when I woke up, trying to understood what just hapenned, and if I left my bed at all. I still remember most of my lucid dream crystal clear and really hope I can have another one soon! I'm just scared it will be a nightmare...

Sean Jacobs

Re: My first (and only) lucid dream I had about a year ago

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Mar 2017 19:12

Congratulations on your first lucid dream Marley4! That was fantastic! My first "unintentional" lucid dream was much shorter than your, but led me to start pursuing intentional lucid dreaming. I hope you have your next lucid dream very soon.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”