had a problem with rc last night

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
warren

had a problem with rc last night

Postby warren » 04 Mar 2017 21:11

so i have been lucid before. i had realized that i was in a dream due to something unordinary happening and my identifying that as dream state was enough to go lucid. last night i thought i might be dreaming and did the finger push rc but it didnt work. i was stumped, but the dream ended soon after. my awake self knows that was a dream. can anyone explain this :?: :?:

lucidé

Re: had a problem with rc last night

Postby lucidé » 05 Mar 2017 06:38

Sometimes with beginning controls such as pressing the finger, it just doesn't work as well for a reality check. One thing I have found that really helps for reality checks is learning to observe your surroundings in real life every day, and any suspicious activities you find, you ask yourself if you are dreaming. Then if you learn to reality check in real life as a habit, teaching yourself what habits and physics are acceptable and what can only be found in a lucid dream or in some form of media (if you need to, you can watch some media for reference on what you should look for in dream signs), you'll soon start to develop this habit in a dream, and when you find a suspicious dream sign/do a suspicious dream control such as flying, you should become aware of the dream.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 06 Mar 2017 01:21

So your saying you might as well not do reality checks, you should just question weather or not your dreaming, and that would work weven better

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 06 Mar 2017 14:58

warren wrote:so i have been lucid before. i had realized that i was in a dream due to something unordinary happening and my identifying that as dream state was enough to go lucid. last night i thought i might be dreaming and did the finger push rc but it didnt work. i was stumped, but the dream ended soon after. my awake self knows that was a dream. can anyone explain this :?: :?:

Personally, I don't like the finger push. Dreams are based on expectations. If you expect something to happen it will. If you are unsure if something will happen, it won't. Personally I count my fingers on one hand as a RC, but I always count past 5. So I look at my hand, starting with my thumb I count 1,2,3,4,5 to my pinky, then 6,7,8 with the full expectation that more fingers will appear. Because I counted 5 fingers and continued to count my mind creates more fingers for me to count. Surprisingly, many times I don't even need to count because as soon as I look at my hand it looks funny (missing fingers, tiny fingers, squiggly fingers).

When you try to push your finger though your hand, any tiny bit of doubt you have that you are not dreaming will cause the RC to fail.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

AI360

Postby AI360 » 08 Mar 2017 00:05

When I had one of my first lucid dreams the finger pushing through hand thing didn't work but I did it the second time and it did if this still doesn't work then try other reality checks as one may not work

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”