Hello! (My Introduction)

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
JedTheJedi

Hello! (My Introduction)

Postby JedTheJedi » 09 Mar 2017 06:18

I've always loved the idea of lucid dreaming. It seams so cool to just control your dreams. As a child I would always have this same reaccuring dream in may every year. It would always be in may every single year and I would have they dream once or twice per year in that same may. The thing is though the begging is always different but leads to the same thing. The dream was about zombies attacking my house and me fighting back ( don't judge me ) (and I always lost). After awhile of having he same dream over and over I learned it was a dream and in the dream I would say in my head not this dream again because it came really repetitive. So one year I didn't care at all and did some assasians creed dive into the horde. Another year I planned to try to jump in my moms car. Strangely That advanced the story. I drove away but ending up getting mauled by a zombie in the back seat. But now it's been years since I've had one of those dreams. And the more I think about it. I only really have dreams ounce every 2 months or so. I really want to get back into lucid dreaming like I was ( I guess). Can someone explain to me the zombie dreams were they lucid? I would like to also add the nightmares I'll have every 5-6 months (same dream) (maybe lucid). In this nightmare it's dark and I'm somewhere in my old house before I moved and there is a black figure just standing there making a static sound. I'll realize I'm dreaming but I can't get out or do anything. I'll try blinking,yelling wake up, etc... Can some explain to me if these dreams are lucid or. Not. Thanks :D

lucidé

Re: Hello! (My Introduction)

Postby lucidé » 10 Mar 2017 01:59

Hi
Yes you were lucid during your dream. You have accomplished your first step into lucid dreaming, so congrats. So when you become you are aware you are in a dream again, and say, "Oh no, not this dream again!", what you should do, is instead of running away from the zombies, try to think of a very creative way to fight or even kill them. Perhaps maybe you could take control of the car, and run them all over. Or you could grab a pitch fork and simply stab them. Anyway you can imagine to fight your fear, just try it and see what happens.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Introduce Yourself”