Teaching characters in my dreams to fly

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Tororo

Teaching characters in my dreams to fly

Postby Tororo » 10 Mar 2017 11:51

Hi

Just joined the forum, though I have been LD for 18 years. I am 54 but was always having 'aware ' dreams as a child but not lucid. My first lucid dream was 18 years ago and I can recall it clearly (see my post on Introduce Yourself).

Some years ago I started teaching the people I meet in my LDs to fly with me, some do some don't. Now I even get people in the dreams flying up to meet me, some friendly some not so friendly.

I am also now able to come out of a LD but not wake up I know I have come out of the LD and I am able to go back to the same LD but change some of the outcomes. For example in one LD I was floating down a tunnel and took the right hand exit and came out of the LD into a dream aware only state, popped back into the LD, looked for the left hand exit, entering a truly bizarre scene. I have never taken mild altering drugs but this felt like an LSD experience I had read about, years ago, though could still have influenced the dream.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Teaching characters in my dreams to fly

Postby Sean Jacobs » 10 Mar 2017 13:14

Hi Tororo. Having aware dreams as a child is fantastic. Typically people who had this gift have a much easier time lucid dreaming as adults.

Do you use any techniques to become lucid or does it just happen naturally?
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Tororo

Re: Teaching characters in my dreams to fly

Postby Tororo » 10 Mar 2017 13:51

Sean Jacobs wrote:Hi Tororo. Having aware dreams as a child is fantastic. Typically people who had this gift have a much easier time lucid dreaming as adults.

Do you use any techniques to become lucid or does it just happen naturally?

Hi Sean

No I don't use any techniques, originally thought I was a bit weird and am pretty much now self taught, using the same advice as on this site but learnt, in my case through trial and error.

The main thing I have found is to be aware of when you may be going into or ready to have an LD. This was my first problem, recognising the signals. I think people are different but for me it's a buzzy, floating feeling.

Second don't try to force things, I find this wakes me .

Also stay calm, you know it's a dream. If something is scary, go towards it, early this will probably jolt you awake, but keep persevering next time it happens. I find for me it's a balance of control, too much and I wake up, too little and the dream becomes boring.

Finally, small steps, unless you are lucky it will take time to build up your skill sets. So know your triggers (mine is that buzzy, floaty sensation). Also I never LD until after 3a.m. I am an erratic sleeper so pretty much know what time I drop off again.

Also perhaps try reading Oliver Sachs book 'Hallucinations', it doesn't help with techniques but details how amazing our minds are.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”