I Had My First Lucid Dream!!! :D

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
MysticalMeadows

I Had My First Lucid Dream!!! :D

Postby MysticalMeadows » 10 Mar 2017 19:38

Last night I had my very first lucid dream. Although I've realized I was in a dream a couple times already, this was my first real/controlled lucid dream. So last night I was having a normal non-lucid dream and out of nowhere I asked myself "Am I dreaming?", immediately after I confirmed with myself that it was a dream by saying "This is a dream". I didn't become excited or anything, I remained completely calm like having my first lucid dream was completely normal. Right after I realized I was in a dream, I rubbed my hands together to stabilize the dream along with constantly repeating the words "This is a dream". After I rubbed my hands together I wanted to go somewhere else so I did a technique that I learned about to transport to somewhere you want. I closed my eyes and spun around and told myself and imagined where I wanted to go and the next thing I know I was on a beach with a bunch of little penguins running around everywhere. I'm not really sure why I decided to go to somewhere like that out of all the places I could've gone, but I guess I went there because penguins are my favorite animals and I love beaches and the ocean. When I arrived at the beach with all the penguins not much happened, I just walked around a little bit and the penguins didn't really do anything. And the dream ended. The dream only lasted what felt like maybe 4-5 seconds. When I woke up I was completely ecstatic. What's interesting is that there wasn't anything in my dream to trigger the lucid dream and I didn't do a WBTB like I usually do to be more conscious during the peak of the REM cycle. I'm still in awe that I have finally achieved my first lucid dream. Having my first lucid dream was such an amazing experience and I can't wait for all the future adventures that await me in the dream world! :D

Sean Jacobs

Re: I Had My First Lucid Dream!!! :D

Postby Sean Jacobs » 13 Mar 2017 13:09

That is fantastic MysticalMeadows!! Congratulations! You will never forget your first intentional lucid dream! You did so much right in this dream, it is amazing. Remembering to stabilize is not easy to do, and you did it on your first try. I hope you have many more LDs very soon.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

MysticalMeadows

Re: I Had My First Lucid Dream!!! :D

Postby MysticalMeadows » 13 Mar 2017 18:46

Sean Jacobs wrote:That is fantastic MysticalMeadows!! Congratulations! You will never forget your first intentional lucid dream! You did so much right in this dream, it is amazing. Remembering to stabilize is not easy to do, and you did it on your first try. I hope you have many more LDs very soon.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind words. :D

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”