Hello!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Moonster

Hello!

Postby Moonster » 13 Mar 2017 13:29

Hello! I am from Sweden and I am a new member to this forum as of today. I joined because I want to experience lucid dreaming and I might get some good tips on here how to succeed. I have known about lucid dreaming for years and have wanted to experience it. To me it has sounded like an awful lot of work to manage and since I like to be lazy sometimes, that has prevented me to really try it. But the thought of lucid dreaming has often returned to me and the other night I had a dream where I found myself in a situation that I would not approve of in real life, and I told myself in the dream "No, I won't do this even in my dream because it just isn't right". And then I continued dreaming like normal. After I woke up I remembered what I had said to myself in my dream and it hit me: did I just realize that I was dreaming in my dream? And if so, why did I still continue like a normal dream? Why didn't I realize it FOR REAL, as in really knowing it was only a dream and going exploring or something. It was like I realized it was a dream just that brief moment and then forgot it right away. It was the closest I have been to lucid dreaming and it made me think that it might not be as difficult as I have thought to manage it. I hope so.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Hello!

Postby Sean Jacobs » 13 Mar 2017 13:58

Welcome Moonster. It sounds like you were very close to lucidity in the dream you mentioned. My advice would be to learn as much as you can about the techniques, then find a technique that works for you....and then get started. Lucid dreaming does require work, but it is worth it.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Introduce Yourself”