Poll- How Many Times Do You Usually Lucid Dream Per Month?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

How many times do you usually lucid dream per month?

1-3
29%
4-6
14%
7-9
No votes
10-12
No votes
13-15
29%
16-18
No votes
19-21
No votes
22-24
No votes
25-27
No votes
28 and above
29%

Total votes: 7

MysticalMeadows

Poll- How Many Times Do You Usually Lucid Dream Per Month?

Postby MysticalMeadows » 15 Mar 2017 06:31

Along with the poll, let us all know how you achieve the amount of lucid dreams you have per month, what techniques, practices, etc. :D

Sean Jacobs

Re: Poll- How Many Times Do You Usually Lucid Dream Per Month?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 15 Mar 2017 12:47

Great poll MysticalMeadows.

Right now it is 1-3 (3 in January, 4 in February, and 0 so far in March). I am working very hard to increase that number.

My current plan consists of reality checks, awareness, meditation (I am new to this), & dream jounalling. Up until recently I was experimenting with supplements but found that actually hindered my dream recall, so I stopped. I can't use any techniques which required me to be awake in the middle of the night because I suffer from insomnia and can never fall back to sleep (WBTB and WILD are 2 of the techniques that don't work for me).
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Silence

Postby Silence » 15 Mar 2017 15:33

10-15 per month, 2-5 per week. Not all of them are intense.

Sean Jacob. I wanna help you, I actually dont use reallity cheks. I mean, maybe for me they dont work. The only thing I do to notice that im dreaming (OMG i have the fealing that my english its sooooooooooooo bad) its think "Im dreaming".

It can be a reallity chek too, Im not sure about the exact meaning of reallity chek, cause I dont use the typical ones.
4,5 times per day,I say to myself. "oh god, Im dreaming?" and I make myself think that Im surprised (whem Im not). Then when something strange happens in a dream I think "Oh fuck, im dreaming!". It work A LOT of times, but its hard to control your emotions so sometimes you wake up. To avoid this I always repeat a lot of times. "Its a dream and I control it."

So the tip its, in your real life, say to yourself 4-5 times per day. "¡OMG!¿Im dreaming? Ok no." And deceive yourself, exaggerate it! I wish that it works on you too :)
Sorry if my english its bad, im from spain. :P

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 15 Mar 2017 15:58

Silence wrote:10-15 per month, 2-5 per week. Not all of them are intense.

Sean Jacob. I wanna help you, I actually dont use reallity cheks. I mean, maybe for me they dont work. The only thing I do to notice that im dreaming (OMG i have the fealing that my english its sooooooooooooo bad) its think "Im dreaming".

It can be a reallity chek too, Im not sure about the exact meaning of reallity chek, cause I dont use the typical ones.
4,5 times per day,I say to myself. "oh god, Im dreaming?" and I make myself think that Im surprised (whem Im not). Then when something strange happens in a dream I think "Oh fuck, im dreaming!". It work A LOT of times, but its hard to control your emotions so sometimes you wake up. To avoid this I always repeat a lot of times. "Its a dream and I control it."

So the tip its, in your real life, say to yourself 4-5 times per day. "¡OMG!¿Im dreaming? Ok no." And deceive yourself, exaggerate it! I wish that it works on you too :)

Hi Silence. Your English is very good. I really like your suggestion. I have been using "awareness", which is just asking "am I dreaming" and then looking around for anything strange or dreamlike, then I do a physical reality check which for me is looking at my hand and counting my fingers (I always count past 5 and expect more fingers to appear and in a dream they always do). However, I don't think "Oh My God, I'm Dreaming!!!" and be surprised an excited about it. That emotional aspect could be something will help me get lucid. I will definitely add this to my plan.

I would LOVE to have lucid dreams 2-5 days per week.

Is this the only thing you do? How long have you been doing this? Also, did it take a while before you started becoming lucid because of this method?

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 16 Mar 2017 06:16

Every night. I've been lucid dreaming since I was really young.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 16 Mar 2017 14:59

lucidé wrote:Every night. I've been lucid dreaming since I was really young.

That is fantastic lucide. I've heard that if you develop the ability to lucid dream as a child it is fairly easy to maintain it for the rest of your life. As for me, I didn't even start trying until I was in my 30's. This makes it more difficult. But I am determined to reach the point where I can have long interesting lucid dreams most nights. :D

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 16 Mar 2017 20:21

When I was that young, I wasn't even trying. I just sleep deprived (including REM) for too long because I was one of those children who did not want to sleep at night. It took R.E.M. Rebound, SP, and being forced into WILDs because of the SP episodes for a while to find a reason to stop fighting sleep at night.
Long lucid dreams are definitely the coolest. It's possible to even have 4 hour ones (I might have used sleep pills on the longer nights). Except if you have ones that long, you may forget delta sleep. All that might result in is frequent zoning out during the day.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

tjb

Postby tjb » 16 Mar 2017 20:42

Hello Mystical. I have atleast 1 lucid dream a day. I am a WILD dreamer. The reccomended 4-6 hours of sleep works gerat for me. Upon waking I stay up for a bit then go back to sleep. I have learned the method of relaxing and not moving while my body falls asleep while I am still conscious. I experience many sensations before entering the dream. Some not so pleasant. Still working on that. But i wake myself up when that happens. I am very good at re-entering the dream when it stops. You have to not move when you wake up. This is very important. I have varied success at control. I have been experiencing anxiety due to experiences I've been having. I posted that in general discussion. Please read and reply with any of your own experiences you may have had or any input.

oldluciddreamer

Postby oldluciddreamer » 19 Mar 2017 18:53

Nowadays I just one of my dreams are lucid about every other day. I have multiple dreams each night and not all of them are lucid.

I started lucid dreaming when i was 5 years old. I was in kindergarten. When I had the same dream 2 nights in a row back then I realized I was dreaming and my lucid dreaming journey begun.

When I was probably 5-6 years old I would have about 2-3 lucid dreams a week and everytime I realized I was dreaming I would run around and try to convince the characters, my friends, that "hey this is a dream guys" we can do what we want. I would usually cause mischief knowing there would be no consequences.

As I got older, the things I would do in my lucid dreams changed. Around puberty for instance I would run around and have sex with all the 'attractive' characters lol....

After I outgrew that I would Fly around and explore.

When I reached adulthood I began to be able to actually control the setting in my dream. For some reason I couldnt do this at first. But now i can create things out of nothing. If you havent been able to do this yet one of things that helped me do it at first was in my dream I would close my eyes, think of what I wanted to appear, then open my eyes and poof it would be there. Now i can just create without doing that.

When I was 8 - 28 years old I would Lucid dream every night, many times more than once. But now I'm 31 years old and I'm on medication and I think thats what has reduced my lucid dreams to only a couple or few times a week.

oldluciddreamer

Postby oldluciddreamer » 19 Mar 2017 18:58

One thing that changed in my lucid dreams after doing it for so long, and I wonder if anyone else has shared this experience, Is that I began "going past" lucid dreams. Like the normal fly around, create awesome rooms, play music, sex, arent the things I do as much anymore. It's like now I've began trying to make the dreams some sort of lesson from the universe,god etc. I try to find meaning in it. I will contact a "divine being" and try to learn from it. But when I wake up it never really makes much sense. It does give me a feeling of peace and wisdom especially during the dream. But it's never the divine wisdom I want it to be.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”