Weak lucid dream. Is this normal?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
PumpkinofDreams

Weak lucid dream. Is this normal?

Postby PumpkinofDreams » 17 Mar 2017 18:06

So I had one of those dreams that seem long last night and I went lucid, but it was weaker than the first time. And the dream itself was WEIRD AS HELL.
So I was with four friends , we were being chased by a group of guys wanting to steal our findings. We found a space ship and they wanted it for themselves. We couldn't let them take it but then I fell in love with one of them... who ended up being Terry Cruise... I end up pregnant and he insists I leave with my friends in the spaceship and raise our child well. He dies fighting off his friends. I give birth to E.T. after crash landing into a mall. We were being chased around the mall because they caught up to us and now wanted my alien child , too. I ran through what felt like the largest mall ever and after a while of running I started noticing things that didn't belong there and places I'd been in that weren't in the right place. All of a sudden I concluded I was dreaming and attempted to scratch my arm as proof. I tried to gouge out the skin on my arm but as hard as I scratched I didn't break skin and could not feel pain. I'm dreaming, I said out loud. I can fly in a dream. I tried but only succeeded in hovering. Like my connection was weak. I went through the rest of the dream knowing I was dreaming but being barley able to do anything, as I watched my son ...ET... go through his teen phase and tell me that he hates me and I never let him leave the ship.......
-_-
happy with the lucidness... not so happy with the connection. I could have done without the whole ET bit, too.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Weak lucid dream. Is this normal?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 17 Mar 2017 18:33

Hi PumkinofDreams. Yes, it sounds like you had a "low level" lucid dream. There are definitely levels of lucidity I usually rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 is knowing you are lucid but still going along with the narrative of the dream. 10 is having absolute (god like) power over every aspect of your dream. It sounds like you were around a 2 - 3 level when you were hovering and then dropped back down to a 1 after you stopped trying to fly.

Personally i think the highest I've ever been was about a 7. I had lots of power, but not absolute god-like control.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

PumpkinofDreams

Postby PumpkinofDreams » 17 Mar 2017 18:45

Sean Jacobs wrote:Hi PumkinofDreams. Yes, it sounds like you had a "low level" lucid dream. There are definitely levels of lucidity I usually rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 is knowing you are lucid but still going along with the narrative of the dream. 10 is having absolute (god like) power over every aspect of your dream. It sounds like you were around a 2 - 3 level when you were hovering and then dropped back down to a 1 after you stopped trying to fly.

Personally i think the highest I've ever been was about a 7. I had lots of power, but not absolute god-like control.

I see. Is there ways to strengthen this so you can get close to 10 whenever you feel like it? Or it's it just kinda it is what it is mentality?

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 18 Mar 2017 21:56

The only way I know to strengthen is to get lucid as much as possible and practice your control. I know that speaking out loud in dreams is helpful. For example saying out loud: "This is my dream and I can complete control!" But you must really believe what you say. You can also make a plan of exactly what you will do in your next dream and believe you can and will make it happen.

I believe the highest level I've every reached was around a 7 where I have done things like control the weather.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”