Can You Develop RL Skills in a Lucid Dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MysticalMeadows

Can You Develop RL Skills in a Lucid Dream?

Postby MysticalMeadows » 23 Mar 2017 18:27

I've heard that you can develop real life skills like playing an instrument, playing a sport, etc. So I'm curious, Have any of you developed any skills in a lucid dream that transcended into real life. If so what what skill did you develop and what was it like and how did it work?

All responses are greatly appreciated. :D

Sean Jacobs

Re: Can You Develop RL Skills in a Lucid Dream?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 23 Mar 2017 20:53

Hi MysticalMeadows. I have not had enough time in lucid dreams to test this process but I have heard the same thing. I have heard that you can improve physical skills by practicing them in lucid dreams and I believe it is correct. It has been proven that people can improve skill like throwing free throws by simply visualizing doing that activity for an hour per day. Lucid dreaming is much better than visualization.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 24 Mar 2017 00:36

Yes.
When I was first starting off when I was really young, I had serious issues with interacting with others. I would not interact with others in real life and wouldn't look in their eyes. When visitors would come to the door, I would hide in the closet. This reflected very much in my lucid dreams when I was first starting off, as my characters faces were blurred, and I couldn't see their eyes. Eventually, when I began to interact with the characters in my lucid dreams, I overcame those issues.
As for what I use for my skill building in real life today, I use it to train myself in the martial arts. Learning how I can fight off characters without needing to use any super abilities, but rather just smacking them really good myself is rather fun. It gives me some training I need for it in real life, in case I really do need to fight someone off.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team has a very good view on skill building in a lucid dream. While you are in Luigi's lucid dreams, you might wonder why Luigi is allowing enemies in his lucid dreams, and why you cannot just breeze through his lucid dreams really fast (he could do that if he wanted BTW). It's because he is intentionally programming the enemies in his dreams so he and Mario can increase their skill levels high enough before the final boss battle. The reason for this is Bowser is a very powerful enemy you face at the very end of the game, having a very high skill level of his own. If Mario and Luigi went up against him with little or no skill level, they would stand almost no chance.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

MysticalMeadows

Postby MysticalMeadows » 24 Mar 2017 18:41

lucidé wrote:Yes.
When I was first starting off when I was really young, I had serious issues with interacting with others. I would not interact with others in real life and wouldn't look in their eyes. When visitors would come to the door, I would hide in the closet. This reflected very much in my lucid dreams when I was first starting off, as my characters faces were blurred, and I couldn't see their eyes. Eventually, when I began to interact with the characters in my lucid dreams, I overcame those issues.
As for what I use for my skill building in real life today, I use it to train myself in the martial arts. Learning how I can fight off characters without needing to use any super abilities, but rather just smacking them really good myself is rather fun. It gives me some training I need for it in real life, in case I really do need to fight someone off.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team has a very good view on skill building in a lucid dream. While you are in Luigi's lucid dreams, you might wonder why Luigi is allowing enemies in his lucid dreams, and why you cannot just breeze through his lucid dreams really fast (he could do that if he wanted BTW). It's because he is intentionally programming the enemies in his dreams so he and Mario can increase their skill levels high enough before the final boss battle. The reason for this is Bowser is a very powerful enemy you face at the very end of the game, having a very high skill level of his own. If Mario and Luigi went up against him with little or no skill level, they would stand almost no chance.
That's really awesome dude. I'm glad that you could overcome a problem in your life through lucid dreaming. :)

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 24 Mar 2017 19:58

I was only 4 when I communicating with my characters more. This was necessary in my lucid dreams, along with the 8 bit video games I played in real life. I used both to begin to learn the controls.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 25 Mar 2017 02:03

I recommend the following resources -

- Article - "How To Practice Real Skills in a Lucid Dream" - howtolucid.com
Also, in subsection - "Important tools for making this happen" - Click on link to article - "Use the CAT technique" (Cycles adjusted technique)

- Amazon - Book - "Creative Dreaming" - by Patricia Garfield
Look inside - First pages
Scroll to page 80 - "Summary of what you can learn from creative dreamers"
- Excerpt regarding how to incubate a dream about a certain skill -
"Intensely focus your attention in your area of special interest for several days at a time. Work on your subject up until time to sleep."

AI360

Postby AI360 » 25 Mar 2017 20:53

Yes
I developed some acrobatic skills

So basically I had watched loads of how to do a frontflip videos but I was too Pussy to do it so thought maybe I could do it in a lucid dream so I did a lucid dream but I thought it was real life so I walked into the garden and did a few and landed perfectly fine I was screaming because I was so happy but then my mum shouted "get back in here you bloody bumface" (this was really upsetting at the time) then in my room my dad told me to do work I got really angry and didn't care if I would die or not so I jumped on the roof at this point I realized I was dreaming and got angry because I actually thought I did a frontflip so I frontflipped of the roof and woke up and then copied the way I did it in my lucid dream and it didn't work but it still made me try it so I wasn't a Pusey after all after a week of trying I finally did ;)

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 25 Mar 2017 22:54

AI360 wrote:Yes
I developed some acrobatic skills

So basically I had watched loads of how to do a frontflip videos but I was too Pussy to do it so thought maybe I could do it in a lucid dream so I did a lucid dream but I thought it was real life so I walked into the garden and did a few and landed perfectly fine I was screaming because I was so happy but then my mum shouted "get back in here you bloody bumface" (this was really upsetting at the time) then in my room my dad told me to do work I got really angry and didn't care if I would die or not so I jumped on the roof at this point I realized I was dreaming and got angry because I actually thought I did a frontflip so I frontflipped of the roof and woke up and then copied the way I did it in my lucid dream and it didn't work but it still made me try it so I wasn't a Pusey after all after a week of trying I finally did ;)

That part you thought was real life wasn't lucid dreaming, and it wasn't until you realized you were dreaming you were actually lucid dreaming. It means being aware you are in a dream, or knowing your reality is a fantasy.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”