Help me

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ant0802

Help me

Postby Ant0802 » 24 Mar 2017 00:56

Hello everyone,

I can't ever remember my dreams. I haven't remembered one for months. Does anyone have tips to help me remember dreams?

Thanks!

lucidé

Re: Help me

Postby lucidé » 24 Mar 2017 01:15

www.livejournal.com

Create a dream journal on this website, and write down your dreams.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Ant0802

Postby Ant0802 » 24 Mar 2017 01:24

My issue is that I can't remember my dreams, so I don't know what to write down

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 24 Mar 2017 02:22

Try waking up in the middle of the night, using an alarm clock. Then see what you can remember.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 24 Mar 2017 14:39

Start taking Ginkgo Biloba as directed on the bottle.

Set your intent before you go to sleep. Say "I will wake up after my dreams and I will remember my dreams!" Repeat this 10 times and you have to REALLY mean it. When you wake up try to remember anything from the end of your dream, if you do try to use it to work backward little by little to remember what happened just before. Once you can't remember any more, run everything you can remember through your mind from the beginning to end. Have an open notebook and pen next to your bed and jot down some key words and/or short phrases regarding your dream. Then lay back down and repeat the process for your next dream.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Mar 2017 03:31

Try a little dream deprivation and get REM rebound.

To explain that further since I know others may not know these terms, REM is Rapid Eye Movement, which is the last stages of our sleep which become longer and more vivid. Our last dream tends to be the most vivid and memorable, not only because the REM phase was longest, but because it's fresh on our mind. I notice that when I wake up and remember a dream, it get's erased with a new one upon dreaming again just like copying over a computer disk. (Are you all too young to know those floppy disks?) Alright, imagine a thumb drive being copied over because it runs out of room. Our dreams are very short term memory. Only when we record them or recall them when awake can we place them on our hard drive for long term storage, and even that ain't perfect.

The REM Rebound is like a battery. (I love my analogies. ;) ) When you go without dreaming, our minds will store up more 'dream energy' persay, and then when you sleep and dream again, it comes back with extra force, usually more vivid, and longer.

As I said at the start, I recommend dream deprivation, not sleep deprivation. It's important to have restorative sleep, which occurs in the start of the sleep cycle, which usually involves no dreams to recall, or if you do they are very bizarre and abstract. That stage is important for our health, and sorts out a lot of garbage in our minds during 'brain sorting' and perhaps even regulating our hormones. If you don't have that your body just doesn't work well and it's very unhealthy long term. So is over sleeping, but that is another story, and I am beginning to rant. I am a walking encyclopedia about this, and if I am wrong, someone please tell me.

So main point is, just get about 5 hours sleep one day, skipping the REM phase, and then sleep in the next. You may not get the same quantity of dreams as sleeping the same way at a regular basis, but the quality, every other day, should improve. I do this a lot, but not on purpose. I sleep at odd times, and for me I usually catch up after about 3 days, but when I do, it's a full night of dreams with so many, it's too much to record!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Mar 2017 03:37

lucidé wrote:Try waking up in the middle of the night, using an alarm clock. Then see what you can remember.

And this as well. I sometimes wake up constantly in the night every hour naturally, so I think that is responsible for my ability to recall dreams so well. Waking up and going back to sleep after clearing your mind also dubbed WBTB, or Wake Back To Bed, works wonders, too. Dreams are always more vivid, and my mind is more alert after that, making it easier to remember and even lucid at times.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Ant0802

Postby Ant0802 » 29 Mar 2017 02:30

Hello, and thank you for your answer!

I will be sure to try this.

Also quick question, I'm not too sure if this was important to say, but I sleep with my light on. I am personally afraid of the dark. Does the light affect me not remembering my dreams?

Thanks!

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 29 Mar 2017 21:22

I used to induce WILDs with the TV on when I was really young. I would probably say a little night light won't affect you.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 31 Mar 2017 00:00

Ant0802,
You say that you sleep with the light on because you are scared of the dark.
I recommend the following -

- Article - "High Tech Lights to Help Baby Sleep, or Students Stay Awake" - nytimes.com - New York Times
Includes discussion about the "Sleepy Baby Bulb", which blocks blue light.

I use this LED bulb (fits in regular lamp socket) in my bedroom before bedtime, and when I wake up up during the night. It works with a table top dimmer. This bulb produces a soft amber-colored light, like the glow of a campfire. I think this bulb really does help me sleep, and it seems to help to induce dreams. It's equivalent to about a 40 watt incandescent bulb. Sometimes it flickers a bit, but this stops with slight adjustment of the dimmer.

- Vendors -
- "Sleepy Baby Biological LED Lamp" - Lighting Science - www.lsgc.com
See - Products - For Home -
Sleepy Baby bulb works by filtering out stimulating blue light spectrum, thereby helping the brain to produce the sleep hormone, melatonin.
Price $19.95

- Amazon - "Sleepy Baby LED Nursery Light by Lighting Science" - $16.99

- Amazon - "Luron TT-300H-WH Electronics Plug-In Lamp Dimmer, white $12.97

Also, I really like the soothing audio "guided imagery" CDs or MP3s at the following website - for relaxation, sleep, etc.

- Health Journeys - healthjourneys.com
On Home page - Click tab for - "Guided Imagery 101" - article

- Products -
Examples -
- "Relieve Stress" - Click - Select options - "Audio sample
- "Healthful Sleep"

Also, check out the Blog. Scroll to bottom of blog pager for "Categories".

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”