people I see as I drift off to sleep

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
keithnellie

people I see as I drift off to sleep

Postby keithnellie » 25 Mar 2017 23:55

I am not sure if anyone else experiences this but very often when I start to drift off to sleep I encounter people (either singles or groups) who see me from a distance and wave me over in a welcoming way. They seem to know me and are trying to talk to me but I don't understand anything other than they are friendly. I guess I go deeper into sleep shortly after so I don't have any recollection of anything else beyond the initial greeting.

It's not a big concern of mine because the experience is always good but I was curious if anyone else has similar experiences or is this something my subconscious manifests just for me?

I lucid dream regularly but don't always control them but go with the flow. I find if I simply focus on my trigger (jumping high) I know I am lucid and can take my dream anywhere I want to go. I never see my "sleep greeters" in my dreams.

lucidé

Re: people I see as I drift off to sleep

Postby lucidé » 26 Mar 2017 01:07

These sound exactly like dream characters.
I have really kind and friendly DCs in the much calmer and more peaceful lucid dream worlds of mine, such as Area Y27. I will say that I often find the behavior in the DCs in some of my lucid dreams to be more friendly than I probably will ever see in real life. My lucid dream friends all said the same thing about their characters as well.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

DreamerMan99

Re: people I see as I drift off to sleep

Postby DreamerMan99 » 26 Mar 2017 01:08

Often, when I drift off I get a lot of auditory hallucinations. Closer I get to falling asleep, the more I hear. It's typically amplified if I take diphenhydramine for seasonal allergy relief before bed. I actually enjoy it, if I focus on the noises it helps me disassociate from my body, and I can usually enter a weak lucid dream this way.
Good luck,
Dream on.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”