how to NOT controll your dream world ?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Rei

how to NOT controll your dream world ?

Postby Rei » 03 Apr 2017 15:46

Okay does anybody here know how can i NOT controll the dream world ?? I mean i want to have an adventure in fantasy world full of suprise not in the world that controlled by me and everything is gonna happen exactly what i thought it will... so is there any way to do it ?

Sean Jacobs

Re: how to NOT controll your dream world ?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Apr 2017 18:40

Hi Rei. If you need to know how to not control your dreams, you are very lucky.

I would say, if you don't want to control your dreams simply play along with the narrative. Act like everything is reality.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 05 Apr 2017 23:07

Rei,
I highly recommend the book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner.

The author says, "No sailor controls the sea. Only a foolish sailor would say such a thing. Similarly, no lucid dreamer controls the dream. Like a sailor on the sea, we lucid dreamers direct our perceptual awareness within the larger state of dreaming."

It seems to me that the experience of dreaming, especially lucid dreaming, is rather like playing tennis on a magic tennis court. The net is the misty transition portal across which the consciousness of the ego self interacts with the mercurial other player - the wise, creative unconscious mind.

Dreamers can be startled by unexpected dream images and events, or by the appearance of certain dream characters who seem to possess a high degree of independent intent, intelligence, and wisdom.

Chapter 9 of Waggoner's book describes the 5 stages of lucid dreaming:
Stage (1) - Personal play, pleasure, and pain avoidance
(2) Manipulation, movement, and me
(3) Power, purpose, and primacy
(4) Reflection, reaching out, and wonder
(5) Experiencing the mysterious essence of awareness

Tororo

Postby Tororo » 08 Apr 2017 08:28

Rei wrote:Okay does anybody here know how can i NOT controll the dream world ?? I mean i want to have an adventure in fantasy world full of suprise not in the world that controlled by me and everything is gonna happen exactly what i thought it will... so is there any way to do it ?

Hi Rei

This is exactly what I have been doing. I posted a response to 'lucide' a while back that I prefer to treat my lucid dreams as an adventure, working with what imagery, action that is taking place within the dream.

Obviously you have to know you are in a lucid dream (this has never before been a problem for me, don't know why, have never tried any methods etc). I'll describe how I do it, though this is only my personal approach and other people will have other suggestions.

1) Know you are in a lucid dream (apologies if that's obvious).

2) Take stock of your surroundings in the dream. I usually start a dream floating off my bed and work out how to get out of the bedroom.

3) Once out of the bedroom I look around, thinking (literally) "Ok, what do we have here?"

4) Interact with the elements within the dream. Are there people in the dream? If so, think what you would like to do. For example, say I wanted to see an elephant. Rather than make an elephant appear, I may try asking people in the dream, is there a zoo or elephants nearby. I do accept that this example is in some ways 'making stuff happen'.

5) I don't know how you move around in your dreams, I mostly seem to fly around. Move around the dreamscape, really looking hard at the scenery. I have learnt to ask questions, such as "What's happening here?", "What's that over there?", "What could be down that tunnel/road?" Questions like that.

Hope this little helps, though everything is subjective and personal so you'll need to adapt to your dream experiences

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”