Hello

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
WizardsBeard

Hello

Postby WizardsBeard » 03 Apr 2017 15:47

Hello All,

My name is JL from Boston, MA USA. I have always been interested in Dreams. I have only had one lucid dream and want to be able to be more in control. the dreams i mostly do have are so vivid they are no different then being in WL. Just trying to explore and learn more.

thanks,
JL

Sean Jacobs

Re: Hello

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Apr 2017 18:41

Welcome JL.

I'm from Mass as well out towards the Worcester area. Congrats on your lucid dream and Welcome!
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

WizardsBeard

Postby WizardsBeard » 05 Apr 2017 15:22

Thanks, Have you experienced a lucid dream before? any recommendations or tips? know of any groups or events related to this is happening in MA.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 05 Apr 2017 15:56

WizardsBeard wrote:Thanks, Have you experienced a lucid dream before? any recommendations or tips? know of any groups or events related to this is happening in MA.

I have been pursuing lucid dreaming since 2004 when I had my first unintentional lucid dream, and I've recorded them all. Here is the link to my lucid dreams which is over on the "Share Your Lucid Dreams" forum on this site.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18728

As for recommendations; Read as much as you can on this site, which has tons of into. Try to find a technique that works for you. Be patient as lucid dreaming is a long term hobby. It takes time and effort to become good at it. Try not to get frustrated. I have quit many times out of frustration, but now I am treating it differently. I am focused on not being as obsessed with it, and just relaxing and if I don't LD any given night I'm fine with it. Also, definitely keep a dream journal. I always hated keeping a dream journal in the past. It was just a pain in the ass. But I have found it really does help tremendously. It helps you understand the difference between reality and dreams which leads to more lucid dreams. Right now I'm experimenting with being more "aware" during my waking hours. I continuously question (in my mind) "Am I dreaming?" and then examine my environment for clues that I may be dreaming. I also periodically try to "will" things to happen (move objects, make people do things, levitate, etc) and really believe I can do it. I know I can do all these things in my dreams, so I assume I am dreaming as I attempt to do them in real life. In theory, once you have developed this mindset and made it a subconscious habit, it will start showing up in your dreams more and more often and you will get lucid more and more often. I'm really hoping it will work. Here is a link to my thread on that subject on this site:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18908

I don't know of any groups or events related to lucid dreaming in MA. It seems lucid dreamers are a very small group.

I wish you the best in your lucid dreaming pursuits. Good luck. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Introduce Yourself”