Connecting the Old with the New

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Domintheos

Connecting the Old with the New

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 18:03

After sharing thoughts with a forum member whom I believed to be a foe, I have a better understanding of the framework-of this individual. I'd like to invite Lucidé to help me connect what I believe to be "new-school" terminology with the "old"--whilst gaining a deeper understanding of the transition itself. I'll start with my initial question, and build from there.

1) What's the difference between a WILD and an Astral Projection--if there even exists such a thing as the latter.
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé

Re: Connecting the Old with the New

Postby lucidé » 07 Apr 2017 18:21

Alright, here it goes:

The WILD technique is known as the Wake Induced Lucid Dream technique, or a direct conscious lucid dream.

To enter a lucid dream while still conscious, there are several different ways you can do so, but all of them involve keeping yourself awake and conscious while your body slowly falls into REM sleep. It is often recommended you use the Wake Back to Bed entry for this, or you wake up in the middle of the night after sleeping.

1) Phasing. You keep your body awake, and you will enter a light trans stage. You must wait this out. On rare occasions, you can enter a lucid dream through this trans stage, but usually, you must wait until you can no longer feel your body, and you are in the full trans stage. When you are in the full trans stage, you will be able to see distortions, hear buzzing, and/or even feel vibrations. This is when you want to try to form an image and then phase into a dream.
2) Sleep Paralysis. You use sleep Paralysis to enter a lucid dream. Whether it involves waking up in SP, or your awareness gets so distracted, your focus ends up like this, you can use the control of SP to either phase into a lucid dream, or you can try to control the effects of SP and your dream body to enter into a lucid dream.
3) Vibrations. Like you mentioned on your own website, vibrations are also an excellent way to enter a WILD, and some people use the control of them to control their dream bodies and enter right into a lucid dream.
4) A more advanced control of entering a lucid dream is just to transfer your awareness into your dream body and to just walk yourself into your dream room from there.

Okay you might ask me if some supernatural abilities are possible, because you read my dream journal, correct?
Dream spying: Dream spying rather than relying on skill, relies on chance. The more the odds are in your favor, the more you will dream spy.
Dream Meshing: All dream meshing requires is for 2 or more lucid dreamers to program their lucid dreams to be similar. Can they exchange the same conversations or even dream spy (both of which I managed to accomplish)? This is possible, but this would ultimately depend on if the odds are in their favor or not.

The difference between a WILD and AP at least from my friends and my point of view is that in our lucid dreams even when we were all "meshing" we all knew we were dreaming. We all believed we were very much alive, just that we were all asleep in our beds during the lucid dream. For your ghost belief, I believe your users would think they were dead.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 18:47

lucidé wrote:Alright, here it goes:
To enter a lucid dream while still conscious, there are several different ways you can do so, but all of them involve keeping yourself awake and conscious while your body slowly falls into REM sleep.

By "yourself" what exactly are you referring to--what is this "self" you're keeping awake?

lucidé wrote:It is often recommended you use the Wake Back to Bed entry for this, or you wake up in the middle of the night after sleeping.

I also believe this method is the easiest way to "shift frequency" back into the "astral realm" or above; being due to the fact that "mentally" and "physically"--you're at the event horizon of either staying awake or remaining "asleep." What makes astral projection any different from WILD in this instance?

lucidé wrote:1) Phasing. You keep your body awake, and you will enter a light trans stage. You must wait this out. On rare occasions, you can enter a lucid dream through this trans stage, but usually, you must wait until you can no longer feel your body, and you are in the full trans stage. When you are in the full trans stage, you will be able to see distortions, hear buzzing, and/or even feel vibrations. This is when you want to try to form an image and then phase into a dream.

The italic-bold-underlined portion is reminiscent of an "mental" (5th Dimensional) projection--that's just my opinion. Are you your thoughts and emotions, or are the aforementioned "abilities" products of the vessel you inhabit--what are you?

lucidé wrote:2) Sleep Paralysis. You use sleep Paralysis to enter a lucid dream. Whether it involves waking up in SP, or your awareness gets so distracted, your focus ends up like this, you can use the control of SP to either phase into a lucid dream, or you can try to control the effects of SP and your dream body to enter into a lucid dream.

Sleep paralysis is a condition yes? It's also one of the closest experiences to death we may experience. If you've ever had an instance of it, it's absolutely terrifying--am I wrong? There's something inside you that's trying to re-activate it's vessel, what would that be?

lucidé wrote:3) Vibrations. Like you mentioned on your own website, vibrations are also an excellent way to enter a WILD, and some people use the control of them to control their dream bodies and enter right into a lucid dream.

Vibrations form frequencies, and science proves that frequency can "make or break" the state and/or condition of a "thing." Are you referencing the use of vibrations to enter a lucid dream--and if so then how?

lucidé wrote:4) A more advanced control of entering a lucid dream is just to transfer your awareness into your dream body and to just walk yourself into your dream room from there.

Please explain this process, it sounds to me like you're using an "Altar"--your "dream room" being that altar. As far as your "dream body", what is it comprised of--if anything?

lucidé wrote:Okay you might ask me if some supernatural abilities are possible, because you read my dream journal, correct?

Yes I read your dream journal, it revealed to me that you have a healthy mind, and very strong emotions.

lucidé wrote:Dream spying: Dream spying rather than relying on skill, relies on chance. The more the odds are in your favor, the more you will dream spy.

We call this "remote viewing"--are you familiar with this?

lucidé wrote:Dream Meshing: All dream meshing requires is for 2 or more lucid dreamers to program their lucid dreams to be similar. Can they exchange the same conversations or even dream spy (both of which I managed to accomplish)? This is possible, but this would ultimately depend on if the odds are in their favor or not.

The idea of dream meshing confuses--and intrigues me at the same time; whenever I have shared experiences, I attribute it to a shared "ethereal experience." Through what medium do we share these "experiences"--what are "we" during these instances?

lucidé wrote:The difference between a WILD and AP at least from my friends and my point of view is that in our lucid dreams even when we were all "meshing" we all knew we were dreaming. We all believed we were very much alive, just that we were all asleep in our beds during the lucid dream. For your ghost belief, I believe your users would think they were dead.

We all have to go one day right? Even so, you're basically a ghost during lucid dreams--hypothetically speaking, wrong or right? What's with this fear of death when you basically tip-toe on it's borders every time you "WILD"--or am I missing something?
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 07 Apr 2017 19:29

Domintheos wrote:
By "yourself" what exactly are you referring to--what is this "self" you're keeping awake?

Your awareness or your consciousness. You don't want to fall into delta or beta sleep when trying to induce a WILD techniuqe

lucidé wrote:It is often recommended you use the Wake Back to Bed entry for this, or you wake up in the middle of the night after sleeping.

I also believe this method is the easiest way to "shift frequency" back into the "astral realm" or above; being due to the fact that "mentally" and "physically"--you're at the event horizon of either staying awake or remaining "asleep." What makes astral projection any different from WILD in this instance?[/quote]
Because with the WILD technique, like you said in your lucid dream article, it is a lucid dream, so it means you are aware you a dreaming.

lucidé wrote:
The italic-bold-underlined portion is reminiscent of an "mental" (5th Dimensional) projection--that's just my opinion. Are you your thoughts and emotions, or are the aforementioned "abilities" products of the vessel you inhabit--what are you?

I believe these are hypnotic images your mind creates or distorts. Like when I was 3 for example, and pulled off my first WILD technique, all the images I saw during SP were from the TV I was watching itself, they were just extremely distorted. Nothing too fancy. A 3 year old isn't really going to create something that special.

Sleep paralysis is a condition yes? It's also one of the closest experiences to death we may experience. If you've ever had an instance of it, it's absolutely terrifying--am I wrong? There's something inside you that's trying to re-activate it's vessel, what would that be?

SP wasn't even near anything close to what I could call a close encounter with death. When I was really close to losing my life once due to a hypotension shock, my body was really cold, then it was shaking. I just stopped breathing and was unable to move. Then I felt a sense of calmness mere seconds before I passed out. I was able to get out of my hypotension shock fine, because I ended up in a lucid dream, and was able to get myself to start breathing again through dream healing.
While many users have had terrifying SP episodes, some users have had pleasant SP episodes, and I am one of those users.

Vibrations form frequencies, and science proves that frequency can "make or break" the state and/or condition of a "thing." Are you referencing the use of vibrations to enter a lucid dream--and if so then how?

Yes, they can help enter a lucid dream. Depending on how you want to enter a WILD, whether you want to control your dream body or phase depends usually on the frequency

Please explain this process, it sounds to me like you're using an "Altar"--your "dream room" being that altar. As far as your "dream body", what is it comprised of--if anything?

An Alter? My dream room is just an accurate version of what my room looks like in real life. The dream body that I transfer my awareness into for these particular WILDs just appears to be a luminescent version of what I appear to be in real life, except there are no scars on it. There's nothing terribly fancy about my dream body

We call this "remote viewing"--are you familiar with this?

On TV tropes, if you use it in a lucid dream, it's called dream spying. I rather like that term they came up with.

The idea of dream meshing confuses--and intrigues me at the same time; whenever I have shared experiences, I attribute it to a shared "ethereal experience." Through what medium do we share these "experiences"--what are "we" during these instances?

For a lucid dreamer, they are inside of their heads reprogramming their lucid dreams to be similar.

We all have to go one day right? Even so, you're basically a ghost during lucid dreams--hypothetically speaking, wrong or right? What's with this fear of death when you basically tip-toe on it's borders every time you "WILD"--or am I missing something?

You believe I am a ghost in my lucid dreams? But according to the rules, ghosts cannot eat, as they don't have a stomach to digest their food.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 19:51

Thanks for the response,

I do truly appreciate you allowing me to pick your brain, as well as the information and knowledge you're giving.

1) So if you are your awareness of "consciousness"--what sources this? Where exactly do you source from--and what is the medium through which "you" connect with the physical body and it's organs?

2) I also agree that you can, and most often will interact with products of your own emotions and thoughts; though, this isn't always the case. Do you believe "others" may "invite" themselves into your "dream-space" without your consent--this doesn't mean interaction will take place; but can they send out an invitation for contact that "influences" your particular WILD?

3) I've never experienced a NDE, so I can't really give you an honest description of what it feels like. However, I've listened to others experiences and yours lines-up with what I've heard. What I'd said was it's "one" of the closest representations of death we can experience. I understand you believe everything occurs within the "physical brain" of individuals--what happens to this data when the brain "dies." If you are your consciousness as you say, what happens to it? It can't die as nothing really ever dies, just changes form--what's the reality "after the brain"?

4) An alter is any familiar "thing" that allows for smooth transition from this reality to the next--it's where you usually wind up first, your point of origin. Is your dream-room not an alter?

5) Disembodied spirits do not require a stomach, but that doesn't mean the concept of eating and the sensation of taste and fulfillment doesn't exist. The very essence of abstract realities are "different" than our own, so if you're attempting to view it from an exclusively 3D perspective, you'll never be able to "understand" it. Is the 3rd dimension, or this physical reality all there is? If so......why is time independent of this reality.... being a dimension of it's own?
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Apr 2017 20:05

I have a strong intuition that this is another one of Summerlander's sock puppet accounts to bait for an argument.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 20:14

HAGART wrote:I have a strong intuition that this is another one of Summerlander's sock puppet accounts to bait for an argument.

He must have a strong influence in your life eh?
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 07 Apr 2017 20:17

Domintheos wrote:1) So if you are your awareness of "consciousness"--what sources this? Where exactly do you source from--and what is the medium through which "you" connect with the physical body and it's organs?

I am sure you connect with your physical body and it's organs through your brain. As far as me being my awareness, I am sure many users would say my brain sources my awareness. Although as far as my personality, since I can control my emotions in some of my lucid dreams whereas I cannot in real life, I am not really 100% sure.

2) I also agree that you can, and most often will interact with products of your own emotions and thoughts; though, this isn't always the case. Do you believe "others" may "invite" themselves into your "dream-space" without your consent--this doesn't mean interaction will take place; but can they send out an invitation for contact that "influences" your particular WILD?

Are you talking about unintentional mutual dreaming or something like that? This is always a small possibility, but extremely small chance of happening.
Although if some @#$@ did invite themselves into my lucid dream without consent, they would be so sorry they did. I have killed my characters before.

3) I've never experienced a NDE, so I can't really give you an honest description of what it feels like. However, I've listened to others experiences and yours lines-up with what I've heard. What I'd said was it's "one" of the closest representations of death we can experience. I understand you believe everything occurs within the "physical brain" of individuals--what happens to this data when the brain "dies." If you are your consciousness as you say, what happens to it? It can't die as nothing really ever dies, just changes form--what's the reality "after the brain"?

What happens to the lucid dream if I die for real while inside of my lucid dream? I cannot really answer that one for you, because I really don't know the answer for myself. I just knew I had to survive at the time, because I had family members I cared about in the real world.

An alter is any familiar "thing" that allows for smooth transition from this reality to the next--it's where you usually wind up first, your point of origin. Is your dream-room not an alter?

So you mean phasing into a lucid dream? In that case, my room would be an alter.

5) Disembodied spirits do not require a stomach, but that doesn't mean the concept of eating and the sensation of taste and fulfillment doesn't exist. The very essence of abstract realities are "different" than our own, so if you're attempting to view it from an exclusively 3D perspective, you'll never be able to "understand" it. Is the 3rd dimension, or this physical reality all there is? If so......why is time independent of this reality.... being a dimension of it's own?

Why not explain then why if you go to the bathroom in a lucid dream, why you wet yourself in real life? If you were a ghost in a lucid dream, that should not happen?

I have a strong intuition that this is another one of Summerlander's sock puppet accounts to bait for an argument.

I doubt it, he didn't start criticizing me when he read my dream journal. My DJ also reveals a little secret I think Summerlander would have said AHA on. This user is not Summerlander.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Apr 2017 20:17

Domintheos wrote:After sharing thoughts with a forum member whom I believed to be a foe, I have a better understanding of the framework-of this individual. I'd like to invite Lucidé to help me connect what I believe to be "new-school" terminology with the "old"--whilst gaining a deeper understanding of the transition itself. I'll start with my initial question, and build from there.

1) What's the difference between a WILD and an Astral Projection--if there even exists such a thing as the latter.

Hi! :D

@Hagart:

No, he's not my socket puppet ... just my bemocked muppet. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Summerlander on 07 Apr 2017 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Apr 2017 20:22

He must have a strong influence in your life eh?

Yea, me and Summerlander go way back.

As a new member who barely knows him, please tell me what you feel about that guy.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”