Big lucid dreamer...with big questions

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Rickjr22001

Big lucid dreamer...with big questions

Postby Rickjr22001 » 24 Apr 2017 04:57

Hello, my name is Ricardo, born and raised in Berkeley, CA, USA.

As a kid my father told me that you were able to fly in your dreams. He told me to tell myself before I went to sleep in the mirror, that I will fly. I give it all to my father for giving me the basics into lucid dreaming.

One day I came back to my father. "I did it! I flew in my dreams papa!". He smiled and came very close to me. He was amazed and said this "now there is a door you must find, it's out there, if you ever find a door in your dreams, to not be afraid and go through it". This was the start of my journey. As a kid I did not know what I was getting into, but I loved that I was able to do it.

Many years have passed, I'm around 17 and after years of flying, going through the basic dream and realizing it's a dream, breaking the forces who try to force me back into the story of the dream, and even killing others in defense. - One time I was so hurt from a fight, I was on a hospital bed, I had a huge cut over my stomach, I told the doctor to put me to sleep, because I couldn't deal with the pain. He told me "No! If I put you to sleep, you will go into a different world which you would not come back from".

In my head, I realized I found "the door". Even though this was not the end to my lucid dreaming, it sadly ends differently, because I am not able to lucid dream anymore. Due to fear. Let's just say I played too much in the dream world.

But for anyone reading this. My idea....if you are able to realize you are dreaming...try to go to sleep again. And see what happens. When I had the chance, I was too afraid. Although these are only dreams, for lucid dreams...it's a second reality.

Thank you for taking the time to read my passage. I just found this page and this is my first time sharing my thoughts to a lucid group.

I have found others who lucid dream. But not at my level. I am looking for those who can fly whenever they want, create when they want, and have lived many years during one lucid dream.

I have many questions. And willing to share more. Even to my last lucid dream. To where I really fucked shit up.

Thank you again.

lucidé

Re: Big lucid dreamer...with big questions

Postby lucidé » 24 Apr 2017 06:19

Hi
I am able to fly, control anything I want, and there was at least one time where I lived many years in a lucid dream (it was before my hypotension shock, I was living all of my past). I didn't even know the term lucid dreaming as a teenager, and the only reason why I asked was because I had incidents of dream spying.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Price

Re: Big lucid dreamer...with big questions

Postby Price » 24 Apr 2017 06:25

Hey you story resonates with my experience.

But for anyone reading this. My idea....if you are able to realize you are dreaming...try to go to sleep again. And see what happens. When I had the chance, I was too afraid. Although these are only dreams, for lucid dreams...it's a second reality.

I have gone to sleep in a lucid dream. It wasn't so scary. I simply laid down on a bed and shut my eyes. Another dream opened up as I held onto my lucidness and I was in another dream.

I will have to go back and look at my dream journal to pull up more detail, because it happened a long time ago. I don't remember the dream context, but I started to have a lot of false awakenings and then going back to bed and falling into a dream then in that dream laying down and going to bed and being in another dream, and then trying to wake up, and thinking I was back in the waking world, but is was just another false awaking, and then I forgot how many times I had laid down and how many dreams within a dream I was in. I lost count.

Basically I finally "woke up" and decided that this reality was good enough as any. So maybe I am still within a dream. But then the of waking and dreaming becomes so blurred as a lucid dreamer that I have become ok with the ambiguous-ness of realities.

I have found others who lucid dream. But not at my level. I am looking for those who can fly whenever they want, create when they want, and have lived many years during one lucid dream.

You will find others here that have the same level of experience as you. I personally have had the experience of playing around with time in a lucid dream and ended up experiencing many years in one lucid dream, so it is cool to hear that you have had a similar experience. I wrote about it on one of my past posts.

I have also had experiences where my dream world has shut me out. So don't think that your "Fuck Up" is forever. You need to meditate, mature, and explore your fear. Once you no longer fear it, the dreams will come back and you can move onto the next step.

In my experience. In the past when I couldn't lucid dream it was because my dreams told me to do something and then I would not be able to have a lucid dream until I accomplished the task put out at hand. I think (for a mostly sane person) the dream world will put up road blocks for you, until do what they tell you to do, or until you are mature enough for the next stage.

Also I have had periods of no lucid dreams because I had to balance the waking world and the dreaming world. Basically I was in college and my dreams were giving me advice and guidance and the final task was to "Get a Life". I was having lucid dreams every day, but then they suddenly stopped, and I was bumped into fully step into my new adult life. I basically didn't lucid dream for 6 months after that, until I created my new life. Then the lucid dreams slowly returned.

I am excited to hear about your other lucid dreams and your philosophy and insight into what it all means.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”