Can't remember

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Jw1978

Can't remember

Postby Jw1978 » 25 Apr 2017 07:23

Hi, I'm Jason from the UK. I'm 38 and only found out about lucid dreaming recently. I've read alot about it, many steps and guides but I'm stuck on the first step. I'm having trouble just remembering dreams! I've got a dream journal by my bed, been doing that for about a month now, I have about 3 dreams I can remember quite well but the other entry's are just vague one sentence of a dream or can't remember. I work shifts so I wonder if this would have an effect on this as my sleep pattern can get irregular when doing night shifts. Would that have an effect? Nice to meet you all.

24/7/365

Re: Can't remember

Postby 24/7/365 » 25 Apr 2017 14:09

I found that conforming to the regular sleep pattern of life, ie. (night sleep and day wake) is a very good choice. Also a "nightly sleep" routine/pattern helps to resolve the initial stages one must under go to develop the natural ability to enter the light realm. I worked nights for a long time and could not expand my memory because of the swapping of the natural cycle. So, in short changing my life to suit me was a conscience choice I made. Now, I don't sleep at all. Anyway, Welcome!

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 25 Apr 2017 21:13

Hi Jason
I got myself a cheap voice recorder. I wake up grab the recorder and record what I remember of the dream. You know you dream every day, so gently telling yourself over and over before you fall asleep: I will dream and remember my dreams. (Or something similar) It could work. :)

Jw1978

Postby Jw1978 » 26 Apr 2017 07:27

24/7/365 wrote:I found that conforming to the regular sleep pattern of life, ie. (night sleep and day wake) is a very good choice. Also a "nightly sleep" routine/pattern helps to resolve the initial stages one must under go to develop the natural ability to enter the light realm. I worked nights for a long time and could not expand my memory because of the swapping of the natural cycle. So, in short changing my life to suit me was a conscience choice I made. Now, I don't sleep at all. Anyway, Welcome!

Thanks :lol: :lol: I have been making a lot of changes to my sleeping pattern so it'l probably take a little while to settle ready for a lucid. Thanks for the welcome.

erichsa wrote:Hi Jason
I got myself a cheap voice recorder. I wake up grab the recorder and record what I remember of the dream. You know you dream every day, so gently telling yourself over and over before you fall asleep: I will dream and remember my dreams. (Or something similar) It could work. :)

Thanks for the tip. I think I know my problem, my sleep pattern was irregular, I was having a lot of caffeine and I am trying to many techniques. I need to calm down, stick to one technique each week or so and I've cut out the caffeine and trying to get regular sleep. Hopefully this will sort my dreams out. I've been recording everyday in my journal but theres not much in there at the minute. Thanks for you input though, I appreciate any help.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”