Looking for answers but aren't we all?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
ProdigalDreamer

Looking for answers but aren't we all?

Postby ProdigalDreamer » 03 May 2017 12:29

Hey Everyone,

I used to be an avid lucid dreamer and am trying to get back to experiencing them regularly as I've had some interesting and relatively recent real world situations that have me needing to share my experiences in the hope that there are some others with similar ones. More on that later, but for now is there a section where people can post images of things they've seen in their dreams?

A bit more of my background is that when I was a heavy dreamer I had been using the techniques found in the book "The Art Of Dreaming" by Carlos Castaneda with a good level of success.

Anyway looking forward to sharing experiences with you all!

Prodigal

ThePurple

Re: Looking for answers but aren't we all?

Postby ThePurple » 03 May 2017 16:09

Greetings!

There is indeed a thread for sharing art made from lucid dreams here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1921

Though I doubt anyone will mind if you put them in a new dream-sharing thread alongside the retelling.

I'm not familiar with all the literature. Care to share a brief description of the techniques?

ProdigalDreamer

Re: Looking for answers but aren't we all?

Postby ProdigalDreamer » 05 May 2017 04:25

Hey Purple,

I think it might have been chakra based methods where you envision the chakras turning on so to speak sequentially from lowest to highest in combination with keeping a dream journal. The book definitely covered dream guides and had techniques for turning the dream into a lucid state like grabbing an object in your dream for example or looking at your hands.

I read it twice actually and now it appears I'll read it a third time. It's actually a very interesting book in general and I'd certainly recommend it.

Thanks for the link!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”