Beginner needs help with WILD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
crystal lily

Beginner needs help with WILD

Postby crystal lily » 06 May 2017 05:15

I have been trying to become lucid practicing the MILD technique and it kind of worked but I couldn't get my sheet off my face after attaining lucidity. I am practicing the WILD technique but I am having trouble keeping my eyes closed. Like it hurts and it feels forceful to close my eyes, my eyeballs kind of start moving around too much. I read Rebecca's tutorial and I am trying to follow it so the first step says to gaze into the blackness of your eyelids but I can't seem to figure out how to do this as I can't quite keep my eyes shut. I tried having them open and letting my eyelids drop but I keep going into this forced state, also my temples start to feel tense. Any suggestions?

piiixaar

Re: Beginner needs help with WILD

Postby piiixaar » 07 May 2017 10:43

im also a beginner and i don't know if this will help, but maybe do some meditation do practice keeping your eyes closed.

crystal lily

Postby crystal lily » 07 May 2017 20:53

That's what I was thinking, thanks piiixar. I also read a sleeping mask can help because it puts light pressure on your eyelids.

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 10 May 2017 17:51

Remember, these are just guidelines, not the One True Way to have a WILD. Yes, gazing into the black can make it easier to enter a scene, but it's not the only way to fall asleep consciously. I'm not telling you to give up; do try a sleep mask, and strive to remain relaxed trough the natural jitters.

But, if concentrating on your misbehaving eyeballs continues to stress you out, put your focus elsewhere. Some people focus on their breath. Or heartbeat. Or the existence of their skull. Some find better success not focussing on any one thing, but moving it around and across points on the body. Some try to dissolve the body sensation entirely. Some listen to the gentle buzz in their ears. Some count.

I don't mean to overwhelm you with options, only to show you that they exist, and you're not doomed if you can't make a particular method work. Whatever you do, though, don't try so hard that it is forced and stressful. Sink gently, allow yourself to wander and return, make it a relaxed and enjoyable activity in itself, regardless of outcome.

crystal lily

Postby crystal lily » 10 May 2017 19:55

Thanks ThePurple. That's really good advice, I strive to make it relaxing and when it isn't I stop, I usually still become lucid in the morning through a FA. I'll learn to WILD eventually. For now I am concentrating on experimenting with my FA lucidity.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”