problems with WBTB

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
piiixaar

problems with WBTB

Postby piiixaar » 07 May 2017 10:39

hey :)
in the last few nights i tried WBTB, i woke up after 6 hours of sleep then stayed awake for 30-40 minutes and then went back to bed. I had a lot of problems with falling asleep again and when i finally happened i didn't hat a lucid dream, i recalled really vivd dreams but no lucid :/
am i doing something wrong ?

ThePurple

Re: problems with WBTB

Postby ThePurple » 10 May 2017 18:33

If you're having trouble falling back asleep, it does sound like the details of your WBTB practice may need to be tweaked. The likeliest culprits I see are timing, activity, and relaxation.

Some people do better staying up for only 10 minutes or so, so give that a shot.

Regardless of how long you're up, it's also important what you do in that time. Are you on the internet filling your mind with random clutter? Reading a lucid dreaming article? Playing a number game? Drinking soda or coffee or juice? Drinking water? Gazing out the window? Checking if you're dreaming?

Then, once you're in bed, do you use any particular relaxation techniques? Is it your mind that keeps you up, your body, or both?

...I'm going to stop now before this turns into 20 questions. :lol:

piiixaar

Postby piiixaar » 12 May 2017 15:28

ThePurple wrote:If you're having trouble falling back asleep, it does sound like the details of your WBTB practice may need to be tweaked. The likeliest culprits I see are timing, activity, and relaxation.

Some people do better staying up for only 10 minutes or so, so give that a shot.

Regardless of how long you're up, it's also important what you do in that time. Are you on the internet filling your mind with random clutter? Reading a lucid dreaming article? Playing a number game? Drinking soda or coffee or juice? Drinking water? Gazing out the window? Checking if you're dreaming?

Then, once you're in bed, do you use any particular relaxation techniques? Is it your mind that keeps you up, your body, or both?
...I'm going to stop now before this turns into 20 questions. :lol:

It is both, my body and my mind. After i wake up i write down my dreams and after that i use the bathroom. Then i sit down on my table and use my phone (read newspaper, Games, etc.) until the 30 minutes are over. Then i Go back to my bed and try to sleep.

JosephsDream

Postby JosephsDream » 06 Jul 2017 05:56

I wonder if the phone is the issue. Screens are pretty stimulating!

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 06 Jul 2017 16:44

in the last few nights i tried WBTB, i woke up after 6 hours of sleep then stayed awake for 30-40 minutes and then went back to bed. I had a lot of problems with falling asleep again and when i finally happened i didn't hat a lucid dream, i recalled really vivd dreams but no lucid :/
am i doing something wrong ?

Yes expecting to much. Great that you recall vivid dreams. In time you should have lucid dreams, pushing it to hard does not always work. For me I most of the time go to sleep with an affirmation. Like: I know I am Dreaming. That is all but I will do it gently until I fall asleep. You should use an affirmation you like. if after a given time you get no results try an other one. Perhaps WBTB is not for you and the right affirmation will do it. I found for me. Gentle does it. If you think you can do it You Will. :)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”