Do you think Peter Ludvick is a real person?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Skeptic

Do you think Peter Ludvick is a real person?

Postby Skeptic » 14 Oct 2017 01:03

I recently read this book about an astral traveler who worked for the Central Intelligence Agency. The book was a very entertaining but I am not sure I believe it is a true story. Is this sort of thing possible? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GW1BOD2/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Skeptic

Re: Do you think Peter Ludvick is a real person?

Postby Skeptic » 23 Dec 2017 16:03

I finally convinced my wife to read this book. She loved the story but doesn't believe it is true. Apparently it must have made a pretty large impression on her because this morning she told me she had her first ever lucid dream! :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Dec 2017 23:02

The author is either deeply deluded or a fraud. The book is pure sensationalism. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Skeptic

Postby Skeptic » 12 Jan 2018 15:06

Did you actually read the book? The author's narrative explaining how he was taught to have lucid dreams and then OBEs is quite compelling and closely mirrors my own experiences. It is one of the reasons I find the book so fascinating. Surely you are not saying OBEs are impossible? Or that eidetic memory is fake - it is very well documented.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”