Feeling mugged

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
eaglehawk

Feeling mugged

Postby eaglehawk » 29 Dec 2017 11:36

After two years on off I’ve never had I lucid dream I’ve watched every vid out there read every article tried MILD a lot tried a few WILDs tried some other strange techniques sprinkled in occasionally still no luck . I’m feeling mugged off by the LD gods cause I’ve taught other people to succeed in LDs about 3 of my friends over two years have mentioned It and I’ve given them all my advice, techniques and knowledge and within a few days of they’ve had lucid dreams. Wtf it’s like a film I’ve said don’t count on it I’ve been trying for years they get it in weeks ughhh so annoying :x :x any help please is there like a step by step stick to this try this technique for a month kind of thing anyone can give

24/7/365

Re: Feeling mugged

Postby 24/7/365 » 29 Dec 2017 17:25

there is a reason everything

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 29 Dec 2017 18:18

I'm sorry about your lack of luck. Personally,I would advice putting off all LD practices for the mean time and focus only on 2 things:
Dream Journal writing and the Wake-Back-to-Bed technique.

Do only those things and nothing more. Dream journal to keep up your recall and familiarize yourself with your dreams(you don't have to actively hunt for dream signs if you don't want to. Just get the natural flow/feel of how your dreams usually are like). Do WBTB because it is the most simple technique. (the only requirement is an alarm clock and the willpower/motivation to force yourself to wake up)

Assuming you've already taken a needed break(if you haven't,I suggest you do so for at least a week before doing this to clear any frustrations/stress you may have built up from your failed attempts) do this for the next several days/weeks. Be sure to make this a part of your daily schedule/routine but do so casually with no immediate expectations. I assume you've already read up on how the WBTB routine is done. (if not,wake yourself up after 4-5 hours of sleep,then stay up for a certain amount of time. It could be from a minimum of 30 minutes-3 hours at the very most. whichever works for you)

IMPORTANT:Be sure to stimulate your mind once you've gotten up from your WBTB alarm. splash some water on your face(to awaken you)and play some video games,read some books or however else you'd want to entertain yourself with while you're up.

You should eventually catch yourself having your first lucid dream after some time. Make that your goal for now,just getting your first lucid dream.

Why do I recommend this casual approach? Because I get the idea that you're trying too hard and/or jumping from one technique to the other. I remember back when I first started my dream journey and my recall was virtually zero. at first I kept trying to force recall but no luck. It was only when I made the plan to just go casual and go about my day and simply wait for the day I remember my first dream,that I saw success and officially began my journey. (It took several weeks before I wrote my first dream journal entry actually)

Anyway,best of luck :)

Additional Advice:

If you're really,really serious about improving your dreaming life. Get the book "Are you dreaming?" by Daniel Love. Best book I've read regarding lucid dreaming instruction.

eaglehawk

Postby eaglehawk » 30 Dec 2017 11:53

Wow thanks I’ve asked a lot but no ones really told me something I haven’t thought about before but ur advice I think is something I haven’t tried thanks

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 30 Dec 2017 13:01

No problem. I hope to see you post your first LD here once you've achieved results. I can't promise that it will come quick,but I would be very,very surprised if you don't eventually manage to catch at least a single LD using this routine.

I'll tell you more once you attain your first LD. but for now,just go about your day and good luck. :)

Return to “For Beginners”