Getting started

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
scarletgirl

Getting started

Postby scarletgirl » 16 Jan 2018 03:09

Hi,

I got interested in LD after my teenage son died, and I had (and continue to have) vivid dreams of him that are more "real" than waking life. I am also able to direct my dreaming so that I can visit with him in a dream state as often as I want. This made me start to research LD - realizing that there were some parts of dream life that were better than waking life where he's gone, and that if my dream life is more vivid, maybe it's just a different reality - one of multiple realities. So I am starting to learn about being lucid in that reality.

So about six weeks ago I started doing reality checks and then lo and behold, I had what I had I think was a lucid dream. In the dream I questioned myself whether I was dreaming, and to test reality I performed a series of manipulations which were successful - I jumped 10 stories and controlled a soft landing, I turned my feet into skates and performed a skating stop I knew I couldn't do in reality, and I told a ship's captain on rough seas that I thought I could probably calm the water, and then did so! It was very exciting. There were other parts of the dream where I didn't control anything but were incredibly vivid. But when I woke I wasn't sure if I'd had a LD or whether I had dreamed that I had an LD. Does that make sense?

Anyhow - it was inspiring, so now I'm trying to journal more and listen to a binaural beat track etc... haven't had a second LD.

I do dream every night - and can generally always recall, and have 6-10 dreams. So the journal writing can take more time than I have in the morning before work! I do find now that as a journal what I immediately remember, more details come of dreams that I didn't immediately remember upon waking.

Anyhow - I'm excited to be here and looking forward to participating in the forum.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”