Lucid dream inside of a dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jazzish

Lucid dream inside of a dream?

Postby Jazzish » 20 Jan 2018 03:58

Hi, I'm new to this place so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place.

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream that I was being chased in this mansion, when all of the sudden I just realized that I was dreaming. After my realization the people stopped chasing me and no one really talked after that. I was really excited that I was dreaming so I tried spawning in people (it didn't work out. The person I tried to spawn came in but they were made of water (???)). Buttttt soon after, I "woke up"**. I was pretty disappointed after "waking up" because I don't lucid dream often, so I walked downstairs to talk about my dream to my mom, but then I woke up again :lol: I thought it was a pretty weird dream, since I've never had a dream in a dream before hehe

** Whenever I figure out that I'm dreaming, always tend to wake up soon after. Does anyone know why?

24/7/365

Re: Lucid dream inside of a dream?

Postby 24/7/365 » 21 Jan 2018 17:01

not to sound short; but, one has to wake up at some point, unfortunately

scarletgirl

Postby scarletgirl » 22 Jan 2018 16:24

My first two lucid dreams had this quality - of seeming like a dream inside a dream...I was definitely lucid in the nested dream, but it didn't seem quite as vivid as first lucid flying dream I had recently. Mostly because in both of the nested dreams, I did reality checks that didn't work...and yet I still "knew" I was dreaming. In the flying dream, the reality check revealed I was dreaming and so it felt like a real Eureka moment in the dream instead of just a puzzling awareness. Also there was much more certainty....instead of "I wonder if I could do this...let's try....yes!" it was more like "I can now do anything - no fear!"

naturespirit

Postby naturespirit » 28 Jan 2018 06:21

Jazzish wrote:Hi, I'm new to this place so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place.

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream that I was being chased in this mansion, when all of the sudden I just realized that I was dreaming. After my realization the people stopped chasing me and no one really talked after that. I was really excited that I was dreaming so I tried spawning in people (it didn't work out. The person I tried to spawn came in but they were made of water (???)). Buttttt soon after, I "woke up"**. I was pretty disappointed after "waking up" because I don't lucid dream often, so I walked downstairs to talk about my dream to my mom, but then I woke up again :lol: I thought it was a pretty weird dream, since I've never had a dream in a dream before hehe

** Whenever I figure out that I'm dreaming, always tend to wake up soon after. Does anyone know why?

Welcome Jazzish! :D

That phenomenon is offically (not really...) called a false awakening, often abbreviated as FA. A great way to make use of FAs is to become lucid in them. Reality checking after waking is an intelligent system to acheive this.

As to your question, waking up after lucidity is a common experience. It is often a result of excitement (lucid euphoria) which can often destabilize the dream. Smart ways to combat destabilization include rubbing hands together, simple arithmetic or anything engages you with dream content, not your sleeping body.

Enjoy it here! :)

- Naturespirit
Proffesor of Oneiromancy

[b]Learn about lucidity:
https://dreamstasia.wordpress.com/

Return to “For Beginners”