What is the best way to WBTB?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidCamostar34

What is the best way to WBTB?

Postby LucidCamostar34 » 30 Jan 2018 18:47

I've been looking at some good WBTB tutorials, and usually I get one of two things.
One requires you to set an alarm for 5 hours, then when it sounds and wake you up, turn it off then go back to sleep thinking about your dream. Pretty much a quicker WBTB + MILD

Another one is when you set an alarm for 5 hours and then just say up around an hour. Followed by a WILD or MILD.

Which one is the better way? My guess is "it works depending on who" but I want to see your opinion :D
Last edited by LucidCamostar34 on 31 Jan 2018 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
We can only dream....

RedKryptonite

Re: What is the best way to WBTB?

Postby RedKryptonite » 31 Jan 2018 10:44

LucidCamostar34 wrote:My guess is "it works depending on who" but I want to see you're opinion :D

Bingo. Experiment and find what works for you. Some people may work better with 4 hours or even as little as 3 hours(or so I've heard). it may be worth experimenting with if you have the time. I've found that setting my alarm for 4 hours is what works best for me.

I wish I could do the quick WBTB + MILD method,but I HAVE to stay up for at least 30 mins or 1 hour for a successful LD induction. maybe this will(hopefully)change as I get more experienced,but this is what works for me so far.

GalMutzafy

Re: What is the best way to WBTB?

Postby GalMutzafy » 02 Mar 2018 08:56

Hey there!
As you said, every person have his / her own technique, but I'll recommend you what I did when I used to try WBTB:

I would set my alarm clock for after six hours of sleeping, then I'd read my dream journal to set my mind already into the dreaming theme, then after about 20-30 minutes I'd go back to sleep.

Most of my lucid dreams came from this method, so I highly recommend it, good luick!
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “For Beginners”