Is it normal to have no control at all?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Skippyhippy

Is it normal to have no control at all?

Postby Skippyhippy » 06 Feb 2018 03:53

I've had 5 lucid dreams in 5 weeks (1 every week so far) and I just started a month ago. I don't know if it's normal because usually when I see people's first LD experience they're talking about walking places and maybe (if they're lucky) flying. While that's happening all of my LDs so far I couldn't even move. Like my dream self would carry on doing his own thing while I'm thinking to myself (as if I were awake) "This is a dream, but I can't do a RC or anything). And I know it's a LD because I can think normally and get excited and wake myself up. I just really want to know how to actually move around and not have my dream self carry on like normal even though I'm trying to take control.

naturespirit

Re: Is it normal to have no control at all?

Postby naturespirit » 06 Feb 2018 06:05

Impressive frequency!
Many lucid dreamers take a long time to establish control.
From your post, I am gathering that (correct if I’m wrong) you are becoming lucid but not able to take control due to the fact your dream body is not cooperating. May I ask, how are you becoming lucid in the first place? Is it due to an RC or are you becoming spontaneously lucid?
I can suggest that if your lucidity is caused by the latter, I encourage reality checking regularly, so your dream body prompts you into lucidity.
This may be a little abstract and hard to understand, but if you are lucid and your body is carrying on with robotic duties, just leave your body, freeing to be to weightless and with the ability to fly with ease.

Another suggestion, just try very basic movements; fidgeting a toe or blinking. Try to build the movements up.

It’s probably just a mental block that can be knocked down with practice.

Otherwise, I can suggest incubating a favourable dream result before bed or during WBTB.

Be lucid! :D
Proffesor of Oneiromancy

[b]Learn about lucidity:
https://dreamstasia.wordpress.com/

Skippyhippy

Postby Skippyhippy » 06 Feb 2018 21:08

Well it's very weird how I become lucid. For some reason I haven't actually gotten my dream self to do a RC, but I somehow become lucid anyway? Basically I become lucid because I know that I'm thinking like if I was awake and just see the dream as a movie. The weird part is whenever it happens if I think of a command like picking something up or walking my dream self will do it. I somehow always forget to make myself do an RC when this happens though so that could probably be it. I'll tell you if it happens next week and see if I can get an RC going. The feeling of thinking like you're awake and still in some control of the dream, but not yourself in the dream, is weird.

If you get confused, yes every single lucid dream I've had this far (except for the first one) was because I was thinking like I was awake. I don't know why that happens, but I just think like normal for some reason.

The thing is even in the first LD I had when I realized I was LDing because of something repetitive in the dream I couldn't move. It was the same thing where I had to think to move. I'm really not sure what it is.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 28 Mar 2018 22:04

Are you seeing yourself from the outside, or from the first person?

I have had lots of LDs like this. I know its a dream, but I'm just watching. There's nothing for me to really do. Sometimes its even like a TV show is playing and I am just watching. And so I just use my lucidity to try to pay close attention to what I'm seeing and remember it well.

I also have LDs where I have various degrees of self control or influence over the dream. I can usually tell which is which. The LDs where I have no control, I usually just accept those for what they are.

So you will probably get both kinds of LDs. I hope you get one of the other kind so you could see the difference.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”