False Awakening, Sleep Paralysis and Lucid all in one?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
xskavx

False Awakening, Sleep Paralysis and Lucid all in one?

Postby xskavx » 02 Mar 2018 19:10

Hey everyone.

I've had a handful of false awakening before, along with a few episodes of sleep paralysis (a few in which I've been not able to move, with the feeling of someone standing over me in pure terror). But this one threw me right off.

I fell asleep with my 2 month old beside me on the couch (hardly happens, but I was so exhausted I didn't want to put him in his bed).
I had a few false awakening - from what I can remember there had to been a minimum of 5 of them. Now, I felt like as if I had full control of my dream, I remember vividly being able to get up, and walk to open the front door because I wanted to or felt like I had to(during these repeated events, I can't remember if my son was on the couch or not).

The second last false awakening I had, I couldn't move, my eyes felt like they were opened but I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not, and I felt someone walk through the front door and kneel beside me and had their face right beside mine.
I instantly felt about a million of pins shoot through my body (I've never experienced this before) and I was breathing really heave and fast. All I wanted to do was reach out and grab my son but I couldn't.

Then I finally woke up "again" and still felt something beside me, but this time I was able to reach out and physically touch it. That's it though, I couldn't move the rest of my body. I had a quick thought it may have been one of my dogs, but once I touched it , it felt hard and like fabric over a face.

I finally woke up, layed there staring for about 10 minutes before I was finally able to sit up, grab my son and hold him for a little while. I felt like I was in a daze for a long while after that.

I'm looking for some of of explanation. I feel shaken up and spooked. And so, so damn real. Was this lucid dreaming, false awakening, and sleep paralysis all in one? I've experienced one or the other, but never all at once. And what could that feeling of another presence beside me of have been, and being able to reach out and touch it but not being able to move the rest of my body.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “For Beginners”