My experiences

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid91

My experiences

Postby Lucid91 » 02 Mar 2018 20:51

Hello everyone my name is Jay and I have been lucid dreaming for over a decade now. Last night I had my first one in quite awhile. It started like all lucid dreams do with sleep paralysis. I decided not to fight with it and just go with it. It usually happens if and when I take a nap. However I was very tired yesterday so I believe that is what triggered it. After about two minutes of the sleep paralysis I knew it was time to start my journey. I walked away from my body and began to float out of my house through the roof. I went towards my grandmother's house to check on her in which I found out she was fine. Then I went back home to check on my mother and she was fine. After this I said to myself I am going to the moon. So I focused and begun my accent to the moon. This was not the first dream I had gone there. Once I touched it the dream was over. I never seem to be able to go any further than the moon. I usually choose not to trigger my lucid dreaming because I can't stand the sleep paralysis and I know yoou can't lucid dream without the paralysis. Well I just thought I would share my experience. If you are new to lucid dreaming remember to think positive and don't be afraid. After all you are control and don't forget that. :) It's your mind. Don't let it take over you. Good luck. ;)

CatDreamer22

Re: My experiences

Postby CatDreamer22 » 03 Mar 2018 04:45

For one thing, I think it's pretty impressive that you were able to create lucid dreams by sleep paralysis. I've never been able to achieve that. Mostly because I either I get too scared, or I just can't do it at all. And another thing, is that you can become lucid without sleep paralysis. You just need to do reality checks and then remember to do it in your dreams. Once you perform it, it should work. (hasn't worked for me yet) Then right after, you realize your dreaming and become lucid. This is called a DILD. Or Dream Induced Lucid Dream. And the sleep paralysis one is called a WILD. Or Wake Induced Lucid Dream.

Lucid91

Postby Lucid91 » 05 Mar 2018 22:48

Hey thank you so much for the response. I had no idea that one can achieve a lucid dream without the paralysis. I am not too keen on the dreaming lingo as well lol. I am terrified of these dreams as well! This is why I choose not to research too much about it. So how often do you lucid dream? Do you choose to induce them or do you just get them? I am Jay by the way nice to meet you. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

Lind

Postby Lind » 09 Mar 2018 16:46

Hey Jay, sorry this isn't a reply but I need to let this out already. I had a recent lucid dreams where it felt like I was in a war, in this big house where it was between Filipinos and it was overseen by caucasion people. It was kinda like a civil war between Filipinos in a time before I was born, but I was in it. It felt like I was hated a lot by the other side but I didn't get hurt as I crossed to the other side(enemy) I made it their peacefully and this happened. 2 caucasion men smiled at me and each climbed a tree and told me to do the same. I climbed the middle one and they both were about to take my eyes out and then I woke up.
I started to have lucid dreams ever since I was in the end of high school. It all ranges from having monsters, being in strange places, altered realities of places that I know changed up though, sex dreams and most of all it shows family and friends sometimes. I'm gonna stop soon, but I don't sleep paralysis for this for I experienced that twice but has nothing for me in lucid dreams. I had a period of time out of high school experiencing it a lot, then I started smoking pot around 21 or 22 and for over 2 years in that time I rarely had em, but in these past 3-4 weeks it's been coming back man and its just strange.
Dm me for more, sorry i don't wanna say more I jus needed to let this out.

CatDreamer22

Postby CatDreamer22 » 11 Mar 2018 08:10

Nice to meet you too Jay! I have had only 1 real lucid dream so far. I'm not quite sure how I induced it. I didn't feel sleep paralysis and I didn't do any reality checks, I just realized I was dreaming right when the dream began. It was quite fun and I was able to keep it going for at least 5 minutes. Anyway, that's my experience of lucid dreams so far. I hope to have more in the future. (And sorry for the late response, I don't usually browse this area that often.)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”