First Lucid Dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
qdlincoln

First Lucid Dream

Postby qdlincoln » 11 Mar 2018 15:31

I have been at it for about a week now and was able to become lucid for what i assume was about one minute. I was having lots of normal dreams and then was able to become lucid:

I'm sitting in high school theology class and the lecture is very boring. I realize that i'm not in high school anymore so this must be a dream. Everything comes into focus and decide to get up and go for a walk, as i'm walking down the hall i repeatedly am rubbing my hands together as I have heard helps enhance awareness. The hallway i'm walking down is now the hallway of the hospital I work at and not the high school. I wake up.

I was only lucid for what I estimate to be 1 minute but it was a promising start.
Carpe noctem :ugeek:

LDer Charles

Re: First Lucid Dream

Postby LDer Charles » 28 Mar 2018 16:25

qdlincoln wrote:I have been at it for about a week now and was able to become lucid for what i assume was about one minute. I was having lots of normal dreams and then was able to become lucid:

I'm sitting in high school theology class and the lecture is very boring. I realize that i'm not in high school anymore so this must be a dream. Everything comes into focus and decide to get up and go for a walk, as i'm walking down the hall i repeatedly am rubbing my hands together as I have heard helps enhance awareness. The hallway i'm walking down is now the hallway of the hospital I work at and not the high school. I wake up.

I was only lucid for what I estimate to be 1 minute but it was a promising start.

Fantastic! From experience like that you start to get the feel for it. That will guide you to more of it. LD is a very self reinforcing practice, once you get the ball rolling.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “For Beginners”