Need advice based on limited successes

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
olorin22

Need advice based on limited successes

Postby olorin22 » 12 Mar 2018 06:06

Hi there, I had a low lucidity dream last night after a long time of not having one. I've only lucid dreamed a total of two or three times in my life, all roughly about a year ago. It was completely random and unintentional as I was unaware of the existence of lucid dreaming then. Since then I got busy with life and only recently started pursuing it again.

Last year it was the same dream a total of 3 times with slight variations. Every time it starts off as a typical dream on autopilot.

The first time was me starting off in my room. The house is incredibly dark, but somehow dim enough for me to make out where things are. I switch all the lightswitches on/off, but none of them work. I suppose this wasn't a lucid dream but it sort of opened the gateway for me so to say. Because I researched this kind of dream on Google, and sort of consciously reaffirmed myself when I was awake that the light switches in my house do indeed work.

The second time I had the same dream, starting off in my room, incredibly dark. I start attempting to turn on the lights via the light switches, and they do not work again. But something different happens this time. It was almost like I woke up within the dream. Like I realized I was dreaming, within the dream. Because I knew all the lights in reality were functional. Unfortunately I became so excited that I woke up.

The third time, same stuff. I should also mention that I find it incredibly difficult to move. Almost like I was wading in really thick water or mud. The light switches still don't work, but this time, after having read something online, I "ordered" the light switches to turn on. After which they flickered, but didn't completely turn on. Oddly enough the bathroom fan turned on after flicking the switch with no problem at all. I then proceeded to explore that particular floor of my house. Although it wasn't entirely my house, some of it was different than my house irl. And then the dream ended.

So anyways the dream I had last night was very similar and yet different to the 2 or 3 I had in the past as detailed in preceding three paragraphs. The dream started out on autopilot. Like my previous dream sequence, I was in my house. But this time rather than in my room, I was on the main floor of my house. And it was almost like my vision was grayscale. Like watching one of those old black and white movies. Again, like in my old dreams I conducted a reality check by flicking the lightswitches on/off in my living room. But none of them worked, and I know that they do! At that moment I attained lucidity. It felt like waking up in the dream. I walked in circles along the main floor of my house this time. Then I went to the front door and opened and shut it several times and looked outside. Except I can't remember if I saw anything outside since everything was in grayscale.

The problem is I got too excited at that point. I tried to stay calm but alas I ended up waking up. However, this feels like a win for me, and I feel like there are some patterns here between this dream and my old dreams that someone can help me with so I can have a lot more lucid dreams on demand in the future. I was wondering if anyone has any insights or suggestions. Please ask if any additional info is needed. Thank you.

Dream_Hacker

Re: Need advice based on limited successes

Postby Dream_Hacker » 12 Mar 2018 13:50

You need to stabilize your dreams. After you become aware of your dream state you should hone in your awareness... There are a lot of stabilizing techniques but the most effective and my favorite have been to rub my hands together and try to feel the friction while i repeat within my mind my name address and phone number while telling myself i'm dreaming in my mind and also focusing on one specific point in the dream and noticing every detail about it. Doing all of this will help you pull awareness into the dream, help you remember you waking memories and strengthen the dream around you.
Hope this helps, you can search dream stabilizing techniques online.
Happy dreaming!

olorin22

Re: Need advice based on limited successes

Postby olorin22 » 12 Mar 2018 19:43

Hey thanks for the reply. I was also wondering if there was any way for me to increase the frequency of these dreams. As I don't dream about my house very often, but light switches so far seem to be the only reality check that works for me.

Return to “For Beginners”