Trouble getting started

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
oopsitswill

Trouble getting started

Postby oopsitswill » 13 Mar 2018 11:41

HI, so ive been trying to get Lucid for the past two days. Im not trying to rush it, but i thought id at least have regular dreams, does anyone have a really good technique that works exceptionally? I think i keep messing up the back to bed aspect. Help!

Watte

Re: Trouble getting started

Postby Watte » 15 Mar 2018 12:17

im a newb aswell with 4-5 weeks of experience now and got alot of luicd and vivid dreams in those weeks btw you can check that out on my profile and see what i do to get lucid... anyways what i did was just write down my dreams and do the WBTB method (sleep for 7h and stay awake for 1h in this hour i write down my dreams and meditate for 20-30mins) which gives me the most vivid dreams 100% of the time

Peter9403

Postby Peter9403 » 24 Mar 2018 11:04

Dear Everybody,

I am writing to you because after more than 2 months I can't lucid dreaming :( I do reality checks, I read a lot about lucid dreaming, I think of lucid dreaming before I fall asleep, (and I listen to the "I know that it is a dream, I am in a dream--- I recorded it with my smart phone, I say this recursive sentence for 1 minute and I listen to it by earphone more times). In addition when I see number, text, green colour when I am holding something in my hand when I go through an opened door, etc, and when I hear music during the daytime I really often do reality checks. But I don't really have lucid dreams... Once I read a text in my dream, and read a short part again, and the text changed. I knew that I am dreaming but this thought was pale and there wasn't thought in me that Oh it is a dream let's fly (because I decided, when I have lucid dream I will fly). And sometimes I fly in my dream, but I don't become to be concious and I don't know I am dreaming (same with the other dreamsigns as well). I am writing dream diary so I do the things what I have read about lucid dream initiation methods. I read that it takes maximum 2 months to be lucid dreamer and I start to be desperate. Sometimes I think that I have lucid dreams, but I don't remember them at all. Not a long time ago I realised that my recursive dream sign is chess, when I dream with chess. The following night there was chess in my dream, but I didn't realized, I am dreaming :( I don't really understand what's wrong with me. Could you help me and give me some advice? Very lot thanks!

Bye,

Peter

Watte

Postby Watte » 26 Mar 2018 17:10

Peter9403 wrote:Dear Everybody,

I am writing to you because after more than 2 months I can't lucid dreaming :( I do reality checks, I read a lot about lucid dreaming, I think of lucid dreaming before I fall asleep, (and I listen to the "I know that it is a dream, I am in a dream--- I recorded it with my smart phone, I say this recursive sentence for 1 minute and I listen to it by earphone more times). In addition when I see number, text, green colour when I am holding something in my hand when I go through an opened door, etc, and when I hear music during the daytime I really often do reality checks. But I don't really have lucid dreams... Once I read a text in my dream, and read a short part again, and the text changed. I knew that I am dreaming but this thought was pale and there wasn't thought in me that Oh it is a dream let's fly (because I decided, when I have lucid dream I will fly). And sometimes I fly in my dream, but I don't become to be concious and I don't know I am dreaming (same with the other dreamsigns as well). I am writing dream diary so I do the things what I have read about lucid dream initiation methods. I read that it takes maximum 2 months to be lucid dreamer and I start to be desperate. Sometimes I think that I have lucid dreams, but I don't remember them at all. Not a long time ago I realised that my recursive dream sign is chess, when I dream with chess. The following night there was chess in my dream, but I didn't realized, I am dreaming :( I don't really understand what's wrong with me. Could you help me and give me some advice? Very lot thanks!

Bye,

Peter

what i do is meditating atleast 20-30mins a day a normal breathing meditation practice some awarness techniques do my reality checks mindfully atleast 20-30 reality checks a day and i ask myself 4 things 1. "is something strange here?" 2. "where am i?" 3. "why am i here?" 4. "where was i befor?" i awnsere theses questions and than do my impossible action like pushing my 2 fingers through my palm and pinching my nose and i try to stay more aware in general and what i would recommend is doing WBTB/MILD that helped me aloooot dont do WBTB daily tho it wrecks your sleep routine and can lead to insomnia atleast thats what i experienced

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 28 Mar 2018 16:12

It sounds like everyone here is right on track! Just keep reading tutorials, asking questions, writing your dreams, and then, read more tutorials. There are 100's of tutorials and it helps to read them all because of different wording or explanations that might help you more.

The only thing is the "2 month minimum" thing. It could take longer than 2 months. Nothing is wrong with you. Everyone just has their own learning curve.

Also, try to listen to Youtube videos. There are so many. Most of the time you can even listen to them on the go if you can get the MP3 available offline. So you can really fill your head with LD stuff.

That was one major thing I did before my LD's started coming. Listen to hours of LD talks all day. It almost reached a point where it got confusing but eventually some things just clicked.

I think everyone is constitutionally capable of attaining a lucid dream. Just some people might take longer than others.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “For Beginners”