Trouble with WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Hippie

Trouble with WILD

Postby Hippie » 14 Mar 2018 03:57

I've found out about lucid dreaming recently (few days ago), and I figured I might as well give it a try.

In the past few days, I've been trying to have a lucid dream through WILD with no clear success yet. I haven't had a lucid dream, but I've almost gotten there three or four times now. My body goes numb and feels heavy alright like something's putting pressure down on me. I've reached what I dare call was sleep paralysis - not that I know fully, considering I didn't dare move as to not ruin it - but never a lucid dream.

My biggest problem is, however, when I do manage to completely relax and feel my body go numb, three of the four times I've managed I've felt a stinging pain. Twice on my left shoulder, and one on my right forearm. It's not really painful per say, but it does disturb my relaxation a tad. Is there any way I can work around this? Has anyone felt it before?

The only other issue I've had with WILD is trying to calm myself when the paranoia sets in during SD. I feel like I try too hard to relax and therefore break my relaxation. That's something I'll work on in due time.

Watte

Re: Trouble with WILD

Postby Watte » 15 Mar 2018 12:22

WILD is a technique aimed for more experinced lucid dreamers its nothing for beginners and dont expect a lucid dream to happen in the next 2 days or 2 weeks or months lucid dreaming is a skill which you obtain over time via practice you can check out my profile im currently on my way to master lucid dreaming and see what i do and maybe that can help you

LDer Charles

Re: Trouble with WILD

Postby LDer Charles » 30 Mar 2018 12:46

Hippie wrote:I've found out about lucid dreaming recently (few days ago), and I figured I might as well give it a try.

In the past few days, I've been trying to have a lucid dream through WILD with no clear success yet. I haven't had a lucid dream, but I've almost gotten there three or four times now. My body goes numb and feels heavy alright like something's putting pressure down on me. I've reached what I dare call was sleep paralysis - not that I know fully, considering I didn't dare move as to not ruin it - but never a lucid dream.

My biggest problem is, however, when I do manage to completely relax and feel my body go numb, three of the four times I've managed I've felt a stinging pain. Twice on my left shoulder, and one on my right forearm. It's not really painful per say, but it does disturb my relaxation a tad. Is there any way I can work around this? Has anyone felt it before?

The only other issue I've had with WILD is trying to calm myself when the paranoia sets in during SD. I feel like I try too hard to relax and therefore break my relaxation. That's something I'll work on in due time.

For the stinging pain - are you sleeping on your side? I sometimes get a pinched nerve from sleeping on my side. I can point you to a thread I made in the sleep section about how to mitigate this if that's the cause. If its something else, then I'm not sure.

Like Watte said, WILD is a very advanced technique. But it is probably one alot of people new to LD try to jump right into. It probably makes sense to you when you are new to want to try it. Just keep researching LD and you will find out all about the other techniques. Dream journaling, DILD, reality or dream state checks, DEILD... Basically there is a lot to learn in the beginning.

There are lots of ways to go about learning it. If you like audio, you could listen to lucid dreaming playlists on youtube. Or you could read all the articles. If you read all the articles on the world of lucid dreaming main site you will get a pretty complete picture to start with. Or, try a free beginner course.

But as for WILD itself, one beginner misunderstanding with WILD is attempting WILD when you first go to bed. They usually say to wait until you've got about 6 hours of sleep before attempting WILD. That's because you have more REM sleep around then. I'm sure anything is possible and you could WILD when you first go to bed.

Overall I think you are doing the right thing by having found out about LD and started attempting something you heard about. So just keep researching it and finding more about it, and you'll learn more. You'll try more of the techniques and practices, and then start actually having your own LDs.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “For Beginners”