Took me this long to think about LD forums

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Gleeman

Took me this long to think about LD forums

Postby Gleeman » 18 Mar 2018 06:53

Hello! My moniker has been Gleeman for years, so glad to see the username hadn't been taken :)

SO excited to find this forum. I have so much to say from my experiences and so much to learn from yours. From some of the research I have recently done, I would say lucid dreaming doesn't seem to be a common ability. Ability sounds like the wrong word I guess.

I have had lucid dreams since I was very young, but it didn't happen very often. But I can still remember some of them that happened when I was in adolescents. My dreams vary in a wide degree, probably like most. Some of my ld result in only being an observer with no control but total awareness that I'm dreaming (I can hear the furnace kick on, or the train go past). Some of them I can control what I do and say. Very rarely I feel I can influence the surroundings or what other people do. I can remember experiencing sleep paralysis twice.

But in that last year or so, It's been made known to me that lucid dreaming is a real thing that can be learned and practiced. I'm actually getting so much better at it. There are some nights I have 10 or more short... I don't even want to call them dreams really. Teleportations? Some of them last seconds, others I can't really tell. NO I don't think I've been physically teleported anywhere :)

Mine happen now after I wake up around 2-4 am ( I go to bed around 9ish) I have a fan or laptop white noise going and I wear an eye mask for the light (complete darkness). Just in the last few months I have had very intense vivid lucid dreams when I can close my eyes and in 10 seconds be in another environment, completely awake but dreaming. Only drugs involved are melatonin I promise :)

The majority of my lucid dreams involve families or friendly "communities" which hang out in scenarios involving leisure or low intensity survival (for example, locked in a shopping mall after hours). But I have some REALLY cool and intense ones that I can share at some point.

Thanks for reading, hope I can get to know some of you!
Glee

LucidCat

Re: Took me this long to think about LD forums

Postby LucidCat » 18 Mar 2018 12:26

Hey Gleeman! Welcome! You seem to have made a great progress - congratulations!
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Return to “Introduce Yourself”