New to lucid dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Xitars
Posts: 4
Joined: 22 Mar 2018 09:31
Location: Sweden

New to lucid dreaming

Postby Xitars » 22 Mar 2018 09:41

Hi guys, how are you doing :)

So me and my girlfriend are completely new to lucid dreaming and wants to learn how to do it. We read alot about WBTB and how the perform it etc. Doing alot of reality checks thro out the day, thinking about lucid dreaming and what we would want to do in our lucid dream.

So, i tried to perform the WBTB this night but i woke up and hour before the alarm was suppose to go off (i think it was about an hour i didnt want to check) i just stayed in my position completely still and relaxed and started to drift off with my thoughts.

But here is the part i rly dont know what it was, so i got to the point where i started to feel pressure in my body and was thinking that this is the SP starting to kick in, i started to see pulsating purple color with a little "mountain" is the best way to describe it with small People standing on it, but it was more like drawned figures that you draw with a simple pencil. The pulsating started to get more intense and i started to see eyes shaping, lips, other shapes i rly dont know what it was and suddenly my body started to shake like alot and i mean alot and my eyes started to twitch super fast and like forcing my eyes to open, and i struggled to keep em close and not move. But all of a sudden that completely died and everything was like back to normal?

Anyone has a good explanation of what it couldve been?

Regards

User avatar
LDer Charles
Posts: 291
Joined: 09 Oct 2017 13:40

Re: New to lucid dreaming

Postby LDer Charles » 28 Mar 2018 16:23

It sounds like a vibrational state and/or hypnagogia. You can try to research "vibrational state" or "hypnagogia" if you want to know more about that. "vibrational state" is more referred to in OBE contexts but I have had vibrational state lead to DEILD or WILD.

Beginner LD things are more about dream journaling, and just increasing your dream awareness. Then doing finger palm tests and double checking clocks and all that.

I think it's great that you have a partner (your GF) to learn this with. That can help a lot because you can help each other stay motivated. Who knows, maybe you will even share a dream.

I think I saw you make another post where you said you started a free beginners course. If so you probably already knew this and so you are on the right track.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Xitars
Posts: 4
Joined: 22 Mar 2018 09:31
Location: Sweden

Re: New to lucid dreaming

Postby Xitars » 28 Mar 2018 16:38

LDer Charles wrote:It sounds like a vibrational state and/or hypnagogia. You can try to research "vibrational state" or "hypnagogia" if you want to know more about that. "vibrational state" is more referred to in OBE contexts but I have had vibrational state lead to DEILD or WILD.

Beginner LD things are more about dream journaling, and just increasing your dream awareness. Then doing finger palm tests and double checking clocks and all that.

I think it's great that you have a partner (your GF) to learn this with. That can help a lot because you can help each other stay motivated. Who knows, maybe you will even share a dream.

I think I saw you make another post where you said you started a free beginners course. If so you probably already knew this and so you are on the right track.


Thank you for answering ! Yes i have started the free course World of lucid dreaming is offering and it has given me alot of deeper understanding about lucid dream as i said in the post i just jumped right into the techniques etc and didn't really understand fully what i was doing (beginner mistake), So im keeping my dream journal now, making meditation exercises, reality checks and even ordered the books "Am i dreaming?" and "Exploring the world of lucid dreaming" And ye, just this few days with the meditation exercises has made me alot more how to put it "Earth person" if you know what i mean, appreciating life more and so on :)

User avatar
LDer Charles
Posts: 291
Joined: 09 Oct 2017 13:40

Re: New to lucid dreaming

Postby LDer Charles » 28 Mar 2018 16:46

Xitars wrote:Thank you for answering ! Yes i have started the free course World of lucid dreaming is offering and it has given me alot of deeper understanding about lucid dream as i said in the post i just jumped right into the techniques etc and didn't really understand fully what i was doing (beginner mistake), So im keeping my dream journal now, making meditation exercises, reality checks and even ordered the books "Am i dreaming?" and "Exploring the world of lucid dreaming" And ye, just this few days with the meditation exercises has made me alot more how to put it "Earth person" if you know what i mean, appreciating life more and so on :)


Wow, I am glad to hear that! You have gotten into a good thing!
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Xitars
Posts: 4
Joined: 22 Mar 2018 09:31
Location: Sweden

Re: New to lucid dreaming

Postby Xitars » 28 Mar 2018 17:52

LDer Charles wrote:
Xitars wrote:Thank you for answering ! Yes i have started the free course World of lucid dreaming is offering and it has given me alot of deeper understanding about lucid dream as i said in the post i just jumped right into the techniques etc and didn't really understand fully what i was doing (beginner mistake), So im keeping my dream journal now, making meditation exercises, reality checks and even ordered the books "Am i dreaming?" and "Exploring the world of lucid dreaming" And ye, just this few days with the meditation exercises has made me alot more how to put it "Earth person" if you know what i mean, appreciating life more and so on :)


Wow, I am glad to hear that! You have gotten into a good thing!


I really love this stuff, fascinates me so much what the human brain is actually capable off, It's a wonderful thing :). Really looking forward to get my first LD but it will take the time that i has too, so no rush :)


Return to “For Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests