Hey, I am new here and I hope to find a lucid dreaming mate

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
gignu

Hey, I am new here and I hope to find a lucid dreaming mate

Postby gignu » 24 Mar 2018 23:04

Hey there,
I love lucid dreaming and I'd love to have them more regularly. Over the last three years there were periods when I was really motivated and wrote down my dreams every night. I even managed to become lucid a few times during those periods, but after a few weaks I would always loose motivation and abandon the practise of recalling my dreams and writing them down. Now I want to break this pattern and stick at it. I wrote down my dreams 6 weeks in a row but because I only had three lucid dreams during that period I abondoned it again and didn't write down my dreams for the last two weeks. For this reason I am looking for someone I can share my dreams with and talk about lucid dreaming once or twice a week. If I could talk with someone about lucid dreaming on a regular basis it would boost my dreamrecall and vividness, and thus the frequency of lucid dreams.
Please contact me if you too, are looking for someone to talk about lucid dreming on a regular bases to stay motivated and continue journaling!!

T-GR

Re: Hey, I am new here and I hope to find a lucid dreaming mate

Postby T-GR » 03 Apr 2018 22:42

Hi gignu, I can resonate with that as I'm on and off myself. Keeping myself motivated and my mind "tuned" in the intention of lucid dreaming was one of the reasons I joined the forum in the first place, so I think what you're proposing is a good idea, possibly with high potential. Let me know what you had in mind regarding ways and times of communication.

Regards,
Tasos

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 04 Apr 2018 23:28

Hi gignu and welcome to the forum! Well, it sounds like you made some great progress so far. I definitely have had times where I needed to take it easy because my LD practices could get pretty intensive. So I would just go on "easy mode" for a little bit. I just got back from being on "easy mode" and I feel like the rest made me a lot stronger. So it isn't always a bad thing.

I think the dream buddy thing is a good idea. Did you want more of a mentor or guide type of person who helps you out more, or more like someone on an equal/"fellow traveler" kind of level?
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 04 Apr 2018 23:35

Oh and in terms of staying motivated, I think getting involved in the LD forums helped me so much. When I felt myself losing motivation a few weeks ago, what helped was just kicking around the forums. I could barely get myself to record my dreams but being around the LD community helped. Writing some replies in threads kept me from completely losing touch with LD and then my motivation came back.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”