My first lucid dream- RUINED

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DreamingLlama

My first lucid dream- RUINED

Postby DreamingLlama » 25 Mar 2018 10:32

Hello,

DreamingLlama here,

So after a year of trying, I had my first lucid dream :D
Typically, I thought I was prepared, but I couldnt have been less prepared.
I could not fly, change scenery, or anything else, I know it comes to believing, BUT HOW?

Please help

DreamingLlama out
*drops mic*

LDer Charles

Re: My first lucid dream- RUINED

Postby LDer Charles » 28 Mar 2018 17:31

DreamingLlama wrote:Hello,

DreamingLlama here,

So after a year of trying, I had my first lucid dream :D
Typically, I thought I was prepared, but I couldnt have been less prepared.
I could not fly, change scenery, or anything else, I know it comes to believing, BUT HOW?

Please help

DreamingLlama out
*drops mic*

Well, congratulations! And I want to give you "Mad Props" for keeping at it a whole year before you got anything.

If you take that same level of persistence now and apply it to phase 2, which will be attaining lucidity regularly, and then stabilizing it, and do that for another year or two, you will probably be able to get to your "happy place".

If you haven't already started to read about it, then I recommend you look into "dream stabilization" and "dream control" techniques. Probably the best advice is to start small. Lower your expectations. Just make it your goal to perform a few RC's and rub your hands. Maybe rub the walls.

I don't know if you ever played video games with game shark or action replay, but running too many cheat codes at once can crash your game. Keep it simple in the beginning.

However, you might get "lucid impulsivity" which is also okay. I got this a lot in the beginning and still have some dgree of this. It is when you attain lucidity, and just get so excited that you forget to think of your "dream plans" or anything like that. It is just another thing that takes time.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”