Dreams and memory

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
TAILEATER

Dreams and memory

Postby TAILEATER » 28 Mar 2018 07:42

I have been working on some concepts about dream and dream memory and was able to out some thoughts down to share with others on the subject.

https://taileater.com/2018/03/26/dream-memory/

In summary the concept of memory formation during sleep is pretty complex as we don't understand memory formation even while we are awake. We so have ideas about it and mostly it seems to be related to the hippocampus and it's ability to encode long term memory.

The article is pretty long but has peer reviewed sources and a number of books with higher regard in scientific background. I hope it can help others learn some.
Happy Dreaming,

Taileater
www.taileaters.com

LDer Charles

Re: Dreams and memory

Postby LDer Charles » 19 Apr 2018 15:46

TAILEATER wrote:""

This was a good read. Thank you. Does Huperzine-A do the same thing as Galantamine? I heard Huperzine-A does the same thing as Galantamine but just without the "side effects". I've only been trying 100mcg huperzine-A once a night for 1-2 weeks now.

That kind of scared me that nicotine was said to increase dream memory. I'd rather try something else besides an addictive drug. Especially when many of the delivery mechanisms of nicotene have so many bad side effects. Do lucid dreamers take nicotine "pills" or something?
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Apr 2018 22:00

Thank you for all that research, it's quite informative. I'm a lucid dreamer and I've never taken any boosters pertaining to memory or intensifying the REM phase of sleep. I take Mirtazapine and love my green tea which probably acts as a placebo for lucidity. I'd love to experiment with Galantamine, though.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Vivian+

Postby Vivian+ » 08 May 2018 06:22

Good research, thank you.

Return to “Dream Science”