A bit of help please?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
emberfire012

A bit of help please?

Postby emberfire012 » 02 Apr 2018 05:20

Okay, so whenever I become lucid and try to fulfill my dream intention, I can’t, because I can’t get the scenery to change.

I’ve tried almost everything. I’ve tried flying to my destination, visualizing it, visualizing it behind a door, etc. But it won’t appear. I’m always aware that I’m in my own mind and that I’m in control, but nothing ever happens when I try to change the scenery.

Any advice?

Hana

Re: A bit of help please?

Postby Hana » 02 Apr 2018 16:20

That happens to me too, but I think it's because I have never been fully lucid?
Anyway, what I try to do is say out loud that I am in a drem and say what my intention is. And keep repeating that. That's just what helps me, to talk to myself in a dream. Another thing I do is decide what I am going to do while I am still awake, so I take time to 'create' my intention and think about it. And then spend a few nights trying to achieve it.

FreeFaller

Postby FreeFaller » 03 Apr 2018 02:11

Try a 'dream-spin'.

Just close your eyes, or cover your face and spin around. I thought it sounded silly at first, but it actually worked for me when my dream was literally melting away like runny paint. In the same sense, I'd imagine a dream-spin to be able to change your dream (as opposed to the traditional function of a dream-spin[stability])

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 05 Apr 2018 11:55

Once I was trying to get a swimming dream. I just really wanted to swim in a dream. So I tried really hard to get it to happen. It didn't happen right away but then I noticed a few days later I started to be near pools in my dreams.

The best my dream controls really gotten was that I could make a pizza appear behind me once. Other than that it seemed like the dream would give me some interpretation of what I asked for, but not exactly my request.

So then it gives me a puzzle, like, okay, I asked for pizza, and got a box of cereal. What is the dream trying to say? I basically think the dream intelligence is all powerful and could give me exactly what I want at any time, but chooses to throw me a curve ball based on what it wants me to have. (I don't think I am "God" of my dream)
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”