Lucid Fiction?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Oneironautess

Lucid Fiction?

Postby Oneironautess » 05 Apr 2018 02:18

Hi All ~
Does anyone have some good book suggestions for “Lucid Fiction” reading, please? Thanks!
===•••===
I demolish my bridges behind me...then there is
no choice but to move forward.
~ Fridtjof Nansen

LDer Charles

Re: Lucid Fiction?

Postby LDer Charles » 07 Apr 2018 22:20

I heard Stephen King and Robert Louis Stephenson did some lucid dreaming. Also, a few sources have said that the woman who wrote Frankenstein was a lucid dreamer.

Dr. Clare Johnson, owner of www.deepluciddreaming.com, also writes fiction under her pen name, Clare Jay. She draws on her lucid dreams to get input for her stories.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I've always had a hunch KA Applegate from Animorphs Lucid Dreamed to come up with her shape shifting descriptions but no confirmations.

EDIT: Also I wanted to mention that if you want lucid fiction, try just reading other people's dream journals. They aren't exactly fiction (they are actual dreams) but they are probably the most related type of thing to read to the lucid dreaming experience. Eventually, your own dream journal will become your favorite source of lucid fiction, as it fills with your own personal adventures in dream world! If I go a month or two without reviewing a particular dream, then look back through it, I am always astounded at how I can almost re live that entire experience in my mind again. Dreams can be so amazing and unlike conscious fiction, they have more spontaneity and abstractness, which I also like about dreams.

There are probably 100s of dream journals online so there is no shortage of free literature!
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Xiaome

Postby Xiaome » 11 Apr 2018 18:18

In theory, the film "The Beginning" is suitable for these dreams.It is very interesting!

Empyreal Sakaki

Postby Empyreal Sakaki » 03 Sep 2018 21:42

There is a very short book I read once or twice called "Sueños rotos" (Broken dreams) by Caryanna Reuven. I think you can only find it in Spanish, but I haven't looked around for translations. I don't like so much the way the story is treated, but the story itself is very good and, personally, gives me inspiration to keep trying.
LDs: 8
Current dream goal: Petting a Piplup!

Return to “For Beginners”