How to stop snapping back to reality?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Beginningdream

How to stop snapping back to reality?

Postby Beginningdream » 05 Apr 2018 13:38

For me there is a common trend I am noticing for almost all of my lucid dreaming escapades that involve waking up. I get to this point of hypnagogic imagery and my stomach feels like butterflies, I’m so close and no matter how calm I try to stay once I get there it’s like boom now I’m out of it and it’s as if I’m laying in bed normally. I just don’t know what’s causing it and how to prevent it. I got so close to my first lucid dream last night. It even got so far I saw pictures (they just had not fully formed or come to getger as a whole it was like they were spinning around me) and then bam. I’m laying in bed the dream is gone. Also this may be important I was using fild and after that I would eventually lose focus and just fade into un lucid sleep.

LDer Charles

Re: How to stop snapping back to reality?

Postby LDer Charles » 27 Apr 2018 16:44

Hi Beginningdream! Sounds like you are doing it right. I call the point you reached "dream flashes". Just stay still and more dreams will start forming.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

chuoiit46

Postby chuoiit46 » 28 Jun 2018 04:53

, This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.
Phòng Khám Đa Khoa Âu Á

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 05 Jul 2018 17:29

Beginningdream wrote:For me there is a common trend I am noticing for almost all of my lucid dreaming escapades that involve waking up. I get to this point of hypnagogic imagery and my stomach feels like butterflies, I’m so close and no matter how calm I try to stay once I get there it’s like boom now I’m out of it and it’s as if I’m laying in bed normally. I just don’t know what’s causing it and how to prevent it. I got so close to my first lucid dream last night. It even got so far I saw pictures (they just had not fully formed or come to getger as a whole it was like they were spinning around me) and then bam. I’m laying in bed the dream is gone. Also this may be important I was using fild and after that I would eventually lose focus and just fade into un lucid sleep.

When it comes to WILDing I have the same kind of trouble. I'm pretty good at getting into aware hypnogia and even getting a little ways into a dream scene. I just can't stay there very long before coming back out of it. Sometimes I can stay in it a little longer than others. But I never feel like I'm getting deep enough into it to consider it a full blown lucid dream.

Just keep practicing at it and you will start getting farther into it. But even if they remain brief like my WILDs have so far you can still have some very fascinating experiences with it.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”