I don’t think this is sleep paralysis anymore...

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
jameshetfield

I don’t think this is sleep paralysis anymore...

Postby jameshetfield » 05 Apr 2018 21:50

Recently I’ve been having dreams where I woke up in a completely different environment, the bedroom was nothing like mine, and had the impression that nothing was actually out of order. Everything was alright while I was dreaming... It’s been happening to me very frequently, I wouldn’t be able to identify the mistakes, everything that was in my dream was familiar to me throughout the dream until I woke up. Is that how a dream should work? I don’t even know haha

However, it was pretty weird this time. It was pitch black and had an extreme state of dizziness (It’s not my first time experiencing this, it’s been happening about five times a month... I’m getting very dizzy and I can hear something like a car engine invariably ‘clamoring’ into my head. Then all of a sudden I wake up in the midnight. It’s only getting worse though... I’ve been starting to experience these things in the real life as well, like I passed out... I was a bit dizzy and I literally woke up on the floor. And today it happened again. My heart rate started increasing considerably and I wasn’t even able to speak properly anymore. What’s weird is that all of this has been happening in my dreams first, and then in the real life :lol: ). It was very dark in that room so I picked my phone up the floor and turned my flashlight on. NOTHING in the room was belonging to me, it was something made in my head completely. But I just somehow complied with it, unintentionally. I felt like it was the room I’ve been sleeping in forever. The people as well, in my other dreams... I felt like I knew them for a very long time. While dreaming. Now I don’t know if this incapability of identifying what’s actually familiar in a dream has anything to do with the dizziness stuff or if they’re somehow related, but I’ll let you guys decide, because I’m the type of person who’s just asking questions without making any research. I’m kinda sick of this shEEt to be honest, I mean I don’t like it... it’s damn scary and wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason... am I going crazy or something...? Lol anyways,
thank you for reading till the end!
If you have any answers or ideas regarding this, feel free to reply.
Cheers!

LucidCat

Re: I don’t think this is sleep paralysis anymore...

Postby LucidCat » 07 Apr 2018 13:52

Hey James - about the first part: those are not unusual things, it sounds very much like false awakenings and of course in a dream you normally wouldn't notice something is weird.

About the second part: if this doesn't only happen while asleep, but in your waking life... the dizziness, the passing out - then you should consult a doctor - immediately! That is absolutely not normal, it's even dangerous (imagine that happening while driving a car for instance) and it is very very likely caused by a medical issue.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

jameshetfield

Postby jameshetfield » 08 Apr 2018 02:55

LucidCat wrote:Hey James - about the first part: those are not unusual things, it sounds very much like false awakenings and of course in a dream you normally wouldn't notice something is weird.

About the second part: if this doesn't only happen while asleep, but in your waking life... the dizziness, the passing out - then you should consult a doctor - immediately! That is absolutely not normal, it's even dangerous (imagine that happening while driving a car for instance) and it is very very likely caused by a medical issue.

I’ve been telling myself that it would be caused by sleep deprivation and that the negative consequences such like dizziness and fatigue during the day are very likely to be happening due to the sleep deficiency, so I didn’t pay much attention to it because I was sort of expecting it to occur eventually and I was pretty sure that it would gradually subside in time as I’ll gain some more daily sleep. I wasn’t expecting the situation to become very grave though... I didn’t think I’d actually collapse because of it. Maybe I should consult a doctor to avoid any other counterproductive results... however, something tells me that it’s not the lack of sleep that does it all... it might be something else as well O_o
It’s funny how I was more concerned about the dream... lol

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 08 Apr 2018 22:22

jameshetfield wrote:
LucidCat wrote:Hey James - about the first part: those are not unusual things, it sounds very much like false awakenings and of course in a dream you normally wouldn't notice something is weird.

I’ve been telling myself that it would be caused by sleep deprivation and that the negative consequences such like dizziness and fatigue during the day are very likely to be happening due to the sleep deficiency, so I didn’t pay much attention to it because I was sort of expecting it to occur eventually and I was pretty sure that it would gradually subside in time as I’ll gain some more daily sleep. I wasn’t expecting the situation to become very grave though... I didn’t think I’d actually collapse because of it. Maybe I should consult a doctor to avoid any other counterproductive results... however, something tells me that it’s not the lack of sleep that does it all... it might be something else as well O_o
It’s funny how I was more concerned about the dream... lol

Well, sleep deprivation is something that you should get rid off very very quickly. Do you know where this comes from - why you can't sleep?
I really have to emphasize once more: please go see a doctor as soon as possible.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Return to “Sleep Disorders”