My technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
mjcaboose

My technique

Postby mjcaboose » 07 Apr 2018 08:19

I never read about any techniques. The way I become lucid is when I realize that something is definitely wrong. Recently my grandmother died so currently I see her a lot in my dreams and so when I see her I know that I am dreaming. Once I was in Moscow which wasn't possible, another time some kind of underwater research facility, sometimes it gets so absurd that I immediately know that it's a dream. Once i know it's dream I start controlling it.

LosFreakos

Re: My technique

Postby LosFreakos » 09 Apr 2018 07:19

It's amazing that you are able figure those things out rather easily, your rational mind seems to be working pretty well in your dreams. It doesn't really work for me, though. When I see something that's completely out of place (for example a basket full of chocolate eggs in my shower) I just deal with it and move on like it's the most normal thing to happen. I inspect those things, but I never suspect them... :|
Are you sure you're not dreaming right now? :P

starsofclay

Postby starsofclay » 10 Apr 2018 20:50

LosFreakos wrote:It's amazing that you are able figure those things out rather easily, your rational mind seems to be working pretty well in your dreams. It doesn't really work for me, though. When I see something that's completely out of place (for example a basket full of chocolate eggs in my shower) I just deal with it and move on like it's the most normal thing to happen. I inspect those things, but I never suspect them... :|

I'm in the same boat as you... I wake up and kick myself for not realizing something was completely ridiculous when I could have gotten lucid.
So I'm wondering if there are certain exercises we can do to improve rational mind while dreaming...

mjcaboose

Postby mjcaboose » 12 Apr 2018 00:18

I noticed that I can't always think rationally when I am very tired. I am usual able to do that when I sleep normal same time every day for about 8 hours.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”