Lucid vs. false awakenings

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Jendy13

Lucid vs. false awakenings

Postby Jendy13 » 11 Apr 2018 04:46

I'm new to this forum. My name is Jendy13. Can somebody give me an actual example of lucid dreaming vs. false awakenings? Can you induce a lucid dream?
I've had both types, I think. Dreams where I knew I was dreaming but couldn't wake up. I used to fear them. Now that I don't fear them, I seldom have them.

LDer Charles

Re: Lucid vs. false awakenings

Postby LDer Charles » 11 Apr 2018 23:07

Jendy13 wrote:I'm new to this forum. My name is Jendy13. Can somebody give me an actual example of lucid dreaming vs. false awakenings? Can you induce a lucid dream?
I've had both types, I think. Dreams where I knew I was dreaming but couldn't wake up. I used to fear them. Now that I don't fear them, I seldom have them.

Hi Jendy13! Well, a lucid dream, is a dream in which you know you're dreaming. A false awakening is a dream in which you think you've woken up in to your physical life, and are usually attempting to do whatever you do when you first wake up. Also, in false awakenings, you are usually pretty conscious. You really think you've woken up into your physical life. It's not a lucid dream though, because you don't know you're dreaming.

An example of a lucid dream:
Last night, I was going up a spiral staircase. I realized it was a dream. My vision was dim so I opened my dream eyes wider, which made things brighter and more vivid. I went into a room and then flew through some walls. I knew it was a dream the whole time and was consciously trying to explore the dream world.

An example of a false awakening:
I dreamed that I had woken up. Usually in my physical life, the first thing I do when I wake up is write my dreams down. So in my dream, I was searching for my voice recorder, but it was all messed up. I panicked and tried to get it to work, but it wasn't working. I woke up for real in my physical bed, relieved it had all been a dream, and preceded to actually record my dreams.

An example of become lucid IN a false awakening:
I dreamed that I had woken up in my Nana's living room. Other people were around. My phone was missing. I was trying to find it to write my dreams, but someone had taken it. I panicked because I was afraid my dreams would be forgotten. Then I realized... Wait. I'm panicking too much. Is this a dream? I put my finger through my palm and confirmed that yes, it was a dream. I told another dream figure that it was a dream, too. Then I summoned a bunch more people to prove it. I woke up shortly after.

I hope that helps. It was fun to write anyway. If you can realize that a false awakening is a dream, then you can become lucid within that dream. But you can become lucid in dreams that aren't false awakenings... And you can have false awakenings that are dreams where you don't become lucid. Wow!
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”