Hello

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Plissken

Hello

Postby Plissken » 15 Apr 2018 20:29

Hello
Before posting my story and asking for some advice..
Is this an active forum?

Plissken

Re: Hello

Postby Plissken » 15 Apr 2018 20:30

Is anyone else here?

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 15 Apr 2018 21:05

Is anyone else here?

No we are all hiding. Who are You? :)

Plissken

Postby Plissken » 16 Apr 2018 21:51

Perhaps the most unlikely lucid dreamer that you will meet. Atleast two of us here then..
When I hit 40 I started to meditate, the goal was Astral Projection. I put about an hour and a half per week in (which I know isn’t much but it was all I could manage) after two years I had had no results, through research during this period I had discovered lucid dreaming. I started my journal and began my reality checks. I went from someone who remembered one dream a year to remembering sometimes 5 per night.. and almost a year to the day from starting the journal it happened! Lucidity. A month later it happened again and I would say that I had about 3 other shorter lucid episodes running up to last Christmas. I had a heavy Christmas, sleep cycles went haywire and routines slacked. A heavy workload in January meant that I didn’t get back to where I should be with dream recall, routines etc until the start of February. Since then I have been more focused, I have even introduced a declaration each night before sleep but nothing has happened for me since.
I am happy with where I have got to on my own but now I think I might need some help or advice. Having had those few elusive lucid dreams I want to maintain them and have repeat experiences.
Any direction or guidance would be thankfully received..

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 17 Apr 2018 21:47

To be determent will get you lucid, but an English saying: Softly, softly catch a monkey, tells you don't strain. You should over time remember more and more dreams and get lucid, but vivid dreaming can be great fun, also showing you how you are advancing in your physical and dream life. It did take me month's before I stepped off a mountain ledge and had my first body flight. Lucid I get seldom could be my age as I started late in life to practice dreaming. By now I have a lot of fun. In most my dreams I am much younger and fit, and enjoy life. Also no negative dreams. I dream in English and German.

I wish You a Speedy Advance
:)

Hi I did send the above to a newcomer who expected immediate results. I would say, be gentle persistent, try from time to time new ways and you will advance.

Enjoy :)

Plissken

Postby Plissken » 18 Apr 2018 17:22

Thank you for this response.

I know I am very lucky to have had these experiences. Others try all their lives without success.. I will patiently persist, I know that they will happen again for me sooner or later but having tasted it, you want more.

To any other newbies out there, persist. Because if I can do it then anyone can.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 19 Apr 2018 01:04

Hi Plissken! Thanks for your story! It sounds like you made lots of progress with dreaming so far. Way to go!
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”