Sleep Disruption and Tiredness

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Plissken

Sleep Disruption and Tiredness

Postby Plissken » 18 Apr 2018 17:28

As I have mentioned elsewhere in the forum I have gone from remembering one dream a year to sometimes 5 per night. The downside to this is that I now seemed to have programmed myself to wake after every dream, so that I can remember it I presume. The downside to this a disturbed sleep cycle, waking throughout the night and general tiredness.

Any tips out there?

LDer Charles

Re: Sleep Disruption and Tiredness

Postby LDer Charles » 19 Apr 2018 14:03

Hi Plissken! I think I'm in a similar boat. The way I am with dreams, I couldn't live without my multiple dreams a night. So what I do is I just go to bed earlier, and sleep in as much as I need, to make up for sleep thats lost.

Lets say someone who sleeps the whole night could go to bed at 9pm and sleep until 6am. Well for me I am up 30-60 minutes after each dream recording it until I eventually fall back asleep, usually. So if I am in bed 9 to 6, and I record dreams 5 times, I'm losing 2.5 to 5 hours of sleep in tha time. Meaning I will stay in bed more like 8pm to 8am to catch all my sleep, while still allowing me to get all my dreams recorded.

Some people just make short hand notes and fall back asleep quickly, and then just go to bed an hour earlier. My schedule allows me to do it this way since I don't have too much to do during the day.

I don't know if I just ignored my dreams and fell back to sleep faster, if I would get better sleep quality. Sometimes I've wondered it. But I can't ignore my dreams! :)
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Plissken

Re: Sleep Disruption and Tiredness

Postby Plissken » 19 Apr 2018 23:02

Thank you

It’s difficult though to sleep in when you work shifts and have 3 kids in the house. I’m amazed I can lucid dream at all!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”