I'm confused about dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Oversleeping145

I'm confused about dreaming

Postby Oversleeping145 » 19 Apr 2018 01:44

I often and even today got into a lucid dream but not a normal one. I was in the process of trying to fall asleep. I was sleeping on my side and just had my eyes closed and next thing I know I was in a dream that I soon had control over. I could do everything like slow time and I even felt pain. But the weird thing was that I could still feel my AC vent in my room blowing on me and I could feel that I was still awake. I knew I could open my eyes at any time. Eventually I got to excited after some minutes and got knocked out but I was able to get back into a minor level of the dream again but not the same control I had as before.
I know for sure that I was not imaginating things. What kind of dreaming was this? Is this a normal type of thing?

CatDreamer22

Re: I'm confused about dreaming

Postby CatDreamer22 » 19 Apr 2018 05:02

I've experienced something like this before.

Back a long time ago. And I mean like, when I was 8, I had a WILD and felt myself fall asleep. I still heard the fan in the background when my dream started, but it was a little bit dimmer. But I had no clue what a lucid dream was, so I didn't take advantage of my sleep paralysis then.

Recently, however. I induced 2 WILDs and in one of them, I had that same kind of "minor level" you described after over-exciting myself. I think I may have made the dream less vivid and almost woke up. I still have some questions about this myself.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this . ;)

Claire

Re: I'm confused about dreaming

Postby Claire » 20 Apr 2018 14:45

I have experienced that often when my brain is exhausted and my body is not that drained. It kinda goes to sleep mode on it's own the moment you close your eyes even though its very clear i can still feel the bedsheets under me and aware my eyes are closed. They start off from pictures, later a slideshow nd finally a whole movie switches on, pretty cool.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”