Increasing chances of DILD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
CleverName3654

Increasing chances of DILD?

Postby CleverName3654 » 23 Apr 2018 14:50

Okay, so I've been trying to lucid dream for a little over a month, and I've gotten close to success a few times. When something odd happened, I questioned it, but didn't get lucid from it. I'm currently doing 10 RCs a day and daily meditation. Is there any way to trigger the realization that I'm dreaming?

starsofclay

Re: Increasing chances of DILD?

Postby starsofclay » 23 Apr 2018 17:08

Hi,
Lately I've been randomly realizing within in the dream, like suddenly cognizing the truth under random conditions.

I don't stick to a reality check like one should, (practically not at all) even though the idea of doing one every time you see the sky had interesting results... I just don't stick to things... Including journaling.

One thing that saves me is that one of my coworkers shares his dreams with me, and vice versa. Whatever we can remember. The other day he kept having a sliver of recall on the tip of his tongue, but since I couldn't listen immediately, it kept fading. I told him next time that happens, to say it out loud, because that will solidify the memory.
Sometimes we leave the day with a "pre-grogramer", a short "tonight so and so will happen, then I will pop out of the toilet drain and say 'hey guess what, you're dreaming!'"
We try to make the so and so's something unique and weird, so that it stands out in the dream-but I think due to the fact that none of the scenarios have yet come to happen, that we recall, we should instead stick to one and use it every day until it works.
Instead, I wonder if it is working at some deeper level, and causing spontaneous realizations of dreaming, although not to the specifications of the scenarios. Or perhaps the scenarios are getting interpreted in a purely abstract way, to the point of being unrecognizable.

I also try to use affirmations, whether it's listening to a video on YouTube while grocery shopping or repeating one as a mantra before sleep, sometimes during the day. This can perhaps be working as well and causing spontaneous realizations. I've also been using periods of my meditation time for using the mantra/affirmation.

If you can teach yourself to bring your attention to dreaming /ld throughout the day, by constantly every time you get a break from doing something, stop and repeat the mantra at least 10 times as if you are meditating on it, your focus becomes drawn to the idea, and your dreams follow your focus.

LDer Charles

Re: Increasing chances of DILD?

Postby LDer Charles » 24 Apr 2018 00:19

Hi CleverName3654!

I usually get spontaneous DILD and I think its from just immersing myself in LD forums, reading LD and non-L-D stories to get a feel for dreams, and my own dream journal practice. Other than that it just took time for my mind to saturate with LD stuff until it started happening in my dreams. So give it some time and you will get there.

If you;re making a post like this, you're definitely on the right track. So just "trust the process" and you will get those LDs :)
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”