Totems.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Turtleman

Totems.

Postby Turtleman » 26 Apr 2018 07:54

So recently I learned about using a totem to induce a lucid dream, but I've never been one for keeping stuff with me during the day. (The less I carry the better.)
so I was wondering if it would work or if anyone has tried using music as a totem.

Any advice on this subject would also be helpful.

Thanks

goldenrose

Re: Totems.

Postby goldenrose » 26 Apr 2018 14:37

Yes, some people use music as a totem. The thing is, with totems it is better to keep it simple. I don't personally recommend using complex music as totem, because it's not likely to translate into dreams in a way to help you become aware. If it's convenient for you, however, may as well try it and see if any results come about. Who knows, it may work for you :)

I've used little chimes as totems before, and those did work. I set up a notification sound on my phone to go off at certain times to remind me to check my surroundings. A little chime or unique sounds may be more effective, as you are more likely to clearly remember it. Everyone is different, though, and if you have an inclination to music this method may be more effective in general. Best of luck to you. :D
Darkness is always held up by the light.

LDer Charles

Re: Totems.

Postby LDer Charles » 26 Apr 2018 23:22

The closest thing I do to totems is this. I noticed I dreamed about my orange glasses, head set, ear muffs, stylus, voice recorder, water bottle, and a few other things, pretty often. I also happen to use those in waking life. So I would take time to pay more attention to the details of those objects in waking life. I think a few times I noticed in a dream they were different, and got lucid. But thats the most I ever did with totems. I figured it would be easier to start with objects I already dream of.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “For Beginners”